Monster Surge Protectors....

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I am looking at getting the Monster Cable HTS1600 Power Conditioner Surge Protector or Monster Cable MP HTS 2600 MKII Power Center HTS2600. Does anybody have one of these? There are so many out there and I want to buy a good one to protect all my new home audio and video stuff.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I paid $134 for a HTS 2600 MKII when I brought home my new Plasma. Great unit and looks good in the rack!

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I have the biggest one....Has like every connect imaginable however don't have it in front of me to get the exact model.....

Lightningfr

Banned
those are so useless its not evan funny its just a marketing gimmick did they have the speaker next to a "dirty" outlet :lol:

all you need it a good surge protector the power supply built into your electronics does what these do every power supply made can handle 10% fluctuation in power with out a problem and the ripple current is so small it can affect anything

we maintain 450kw upm power supply conditioners for critical systems :D

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Monster is all market mark up the stuff is useless! yea its got all the fancy do dahs but way overpriced. any decent surge protector with a battery back-up which is nice to have since if you power does go out you can shut it down properly because it will last a few mins.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Thanks for the feed back everyone....I am just now starting the research on these things. The Monsters look really nice, but just wondering if they were worth the money.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I have an APC Back-UPS ES 725.. my comptuer and flat screen are plugged into the battery portion, and the cheap stuff is plugged into the surge portion of it..

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Its funny when you hear someone talk about how this is a rip off and the cheap stuff is the same. But Im sorry there is a huge difference without proper power filtration the newer plasma and lcd tv's just dont last, not to mention you get better picture with stage 5 filtering. But power filtration surge protectors can cost big bucks. I spent 550 on mine for my 71 inch samsung dlp. I worked for Best Buy for two years and have done countless installs for friends and families. Invest the money to protect your investment.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
APC, TRIPLITTE are both good companies. Monster is ok but overpriced.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
talk to a electrician and get a surge protector that install in you main electrical panel. They have some real good stuff out now and the price is not that bad for hole house protection.:beer:

Lightningfr

Banned
Its funny when you hear someone talk about how this is a rip off and the cheap stuff is the same. But Im sorry there is a huge difference without proper power filtration the newer plasma and lcd tv's just dont last, not to mention you get better picture with stage 5 filtering. But power filtration surge protectors can cost big bucks. I spent 550 on mine for my 71 inch samsung dlp. I worked for Best Buy for two years and have done countless installs for friends and families. Invest the money to protect your investment.

ya see that a problem you work AT BEST BUY meaning you dont know shit about how eletronics nor how they work

filtering a ac signal is useless for eletronics

your Tv is going to filter it before it turns it in to DC how deep do you want to go i

Last edited:

NJ 03 GT

Established Member
hey man, i selll them ( i own a audio/video company)...if ya really want one ill give it to ya for my cost of 89$ i think... but it just not worth the money. A normal $10 surge it just fine. Something to put a small wall between you stuff and the outlet so if there is a eletrical hit on the house it will trip and the power doesnt continue down the line to you gear. i have been to a Monster training class before and its just all BS and hype.

put it this way. i have a brand new 42'' pioneer plasma. thats what i have on my tv.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
hey man, i selll them ( i own a audio/video company)...if ya really want one ill give it to ya for my cost of 89$ i think... but it just not worth the money. A normal $10 surge it just fine. Something to put a small wall between you stuff and the outlet so if there is a eletrical hit on the house it will trip and the power doesnt continue down the line to you gear. i have been to a Monster training class before and its just all BS and hype.

put it this way. i have a brand new 42'' pioneer plasma. thats what i have on my tv.

I just don't like the idea of protecting my $3000 T.V. with a $10 surge protector?

Users who are viewing this thread