Monster Surge Protectors....

Lightningfr

Banned
hey man, i selll them ( i own a audio/video company)...if ya really want one ill give it to ya for my cost of 89$ i think... but it just not worth the money. A normal $10 surge it just fine. Something to put a small wall between you stuff and the outlet so if there is a eletrical hit on the house it will trip and the power doesnt continue down the line to you gear. i have been to a Monster training class before and its just all BS and hype.

put it this way. i have a brand new 42'' pioneer plasma. thats what i have on my tv.

those are bitchin tv we just put up 4 50" pioneer elite tv's freeking awesome

you have a website and free shipping to svtp members?

NJ 03 GT

Established Member
we dont do any web based sales, but anything ya want, i can get. tv wise. and free shipping for svtp guys on all Bose products. msrp tho cuz i cant discount bose at all

NJ 03 GT

Established Member
I just don't like the idea of protecting my $3000 T.V. with a $10 surge protector?

trust me i know doesnt seem right, but like i said i have it and i can choose from anything i want. i can get dealer discounts of any brand really and i have a $10-20 one of my tv

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
ya see that a problem you work AT BEST BUY meaning you dont know shit about how eletronics nor how they work

filtering a ac signal is useless for eletronics

your Tv is going to filter it before it turns it in to DC how deep do you want to go i

I work at Best Buy, and know about electronics, so you sir can suck my balls.
Get a normal surge protector, itll do the job just fine.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
This is what I got and at a good price from amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-PureAV...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1204787303&sr=8-1

I'm sure Monster is good, but from what I hear they are way over-priced. Good luck with your purchase.

I am looking at getting the Monster Cable HTS1600 Power Conditioner Surge Protector or Monster Cable MP HTS 2600 MKII Power Center HTS2600. Does anybody have one of these? There are so many out there and I want to buy a good one to protect all my new home audio and video stuff.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
ya see that a problem you work AT BEST BUY meaning you dont know shit about how eletronics nor how they work

filtering a ac signal is useless for eletronics

your Tv is going to filter it before it turns it in to DC how deep do you want to go i

I WORKED for best buy. I got out of that crap company as soon as I got all my tvs and equipment for their employee discount. Hell I could have spent the 35-40 thousand dollars for my 3 home theaters but I only spent 10. Their shit is so over priced its unbelievable. I have their top of the line hdmi cables from monster that at the time cost the public 230 dollars I paid 60. 10% over stock isnt bad. Just buy a panomax surge protector they are the best get them off of ebay for good prices. Oh and linear filtration is very good for electronics it helps filter out the noise common to household power. Thats how deep it is

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
bose wtf! bose blows

how about klipsch or b&w

BOSE does blow lol and Klipsch is good but I would have to put Definitive technology, Martin Logan, and Mythos above all else. As those are the companies all my speakers and subs came from:-D

Lightningfr

Banned
its not really noise buddy its just imperfection in the sine wave and its nothing to worry about since it will be filter out in the first part of the power supply :poke: my 8$ hdmi cable works just as well as your 60$ one

definitive make some really cool shit i never herd of mythos though
we have b & w speakers downstairs on a pioneer elite receiver
purely awesome

Last edited:

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Yeah theres noise it comes from every thing you have plugged in to the walls I have seen it to where a speaker would buzz when you turn on a light well when they got a good power filter that just magically stopped :banana: Oh not mention When I had my ps3 I had to use a cheap cable that was lying around for awhile when I plugged in my 60 dollar cable oh it looked so much better I literally used that example to show all my friends and family what buying a lower grade cable will do to your high def source. I mean if all your using the hdmi for is an upconverting dvd player than fine you wont see a difference but when you step up to blu ray or HD-DVD you see it as night and day. Dont kid yourself. Hope you didnt buy your elite anywhere but pioneer because markup on those is gigantic. Denon receivers are probably the only receivers you can go out and buy without getting burned too bad.:burn: The golden rule when purchasing always applies. You get what you pay for.

Lightningfr

Banned
no didnt over pay

and you where just picking up emfcross over its common its not caused from a dirty ac outlet caused from emf a good receiver would eliminate that

maybe you go read some reviews where they did a test a coat hanger vs monster cables and no one could tell the difference it was kinda surprising

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought this:
electrical-transformers.jpg

But I agree that you should get yourself a good battery backup unit. The cost difference isn't that much and they provide MUCH more protection.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
don't waste your money on anything carrying the monster name. that stuff is nothing but a ripoff. do a google search if you want details.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
All I know is I could generate noise when I had my APC surge protector that would make it to my stereo speakers, with he Monster I cannot. I say get a decent one.

Users who are viewing this thread