Moving to KY

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
whats up people, just wanted to put it out there that come January I'll be relocating to Ft. Cambell Ky and just wanted to know if anyone on here is well... there. I wont know anyone and it would be nice to at least have some friends with lightnings to meet up with and show me the ropes of KY and TN since its right on the border.It'll be a huge change from AK. thanks Cory

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Well if your up for a drive???
I live on the East side of TN. Right next to Bristol Motor Speedway...

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Sorry we never got to meet in person. If you come down to Anchorage for any reason before shipping out let me know, I owe you a thanks. Good luck.

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
Sorry we never got to meet in person. If you come down to Anchorage for any reason before shipping out let me know, I owe you a thanks. Good luck.

hey buddy, yeah sucks we never got to meet but its been a blast other wiswe and thanks for all the help you've given me in the last couple years...lol so did everything work out for ya?

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
thanks for the info man.... hopefully its not to far and i can run over there once and a while. ive only been to one here in ak and tech is wasnt a real drag strip. the army turned the airfield here into a strip for a few weekends but there sensors were all jacked up. the only real strip here is over 400 miles away approx. and gas isnt the cheapest so it was really hard.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I'm from KY, Live in Bowling Green!

There are a few forums around KY that make it easy to meet people in the car scene..

Louisvillemustangs as mentioned above
bowlinggreenmustangs.com
KYhorsepower.com (lots of eastern KY guys)
502Underground.net - home of the cdub 8 second dsm's
502streetscene lots of imports

Last edited:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Can I park in your yard in the Spring?:pop:

LOL. Sounds like your coming to the Bristol spring race.....You'll need to be pre pared for the rain too.

Ok, I am about 15 miles from the track.... But I do live close enough for a quick trip down the 1/4...

Right now they are starting to decorate the entire Bristol Motor Speedway for Christmas....

You'll have to come down and take a lap around the Nascar Track... Its called Speedway in lights.... They do it every year...

lightitup

Show and Go
Established Member
thanks for the info man.... hopefully its not to far and i can run over there once and a while. ive only been to one here in ak and tech is wasnt a real drag strip. the army turned the airfield here into a strip for a few weekends but there sensors were all jacked up. the only real strip here is over 400 miles away approx. and gas isnt the cheapest so it was really hard.

Its around 70 miles from Fort Cambell

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
Our weather, now that's a joke. In the spring it's 30's to 80 on any given day, summer it's about 60's to about mid 90's, fall, see spring temps, and winters about the same. We have an old saying here in Kentucy, If ya don't like the weather, wait a while and it'll change. (It might be better and it might be worse) But where you are SW Kentucky, it should be wamer more then cold, plus you have more change of worse weather storms. (By the time they get up here in the Lexington area, they can peter out) haha
BTW, welcome to KY!!

If you ride a motorcycle, I gotz to check out Deals Gap. It has 318 curves in 11 miles. Plus it's in the smokies mountain, so lots of things to see and do.

Jaysin

Established Member
Well if your up for a drive???
I live on the East side of TN. Right next to Bristol Motor Speedway...

Hey man, not trying to derail the thread, but anyway.. My brother lives in Kingsport, I went up there to visit him back in July, and he took me by the Bristol dragway. Kingsport is a pretty nice place, he lives in some apartment complex on university blvd. He's not big into cars like most of us, but enjoys mustangs and the like. Hopefully the next time I go to visit him I'll have a Lightning, then we can meet up and go to the drag strip.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Beech Bend in BG is gonna be super close to you...thats where the NMRA finals are usually every year :D good track

Users who are viewing this thread