Moving to Ohio, should I sell the cobra?

CraigsSnake

Established Member
So my job is transferring me from Orlando Florida to right outside of Toledo in January. My cobra is going to have to start being my daily driver for at least 2 months possibly for a lot longer. I have been contemplating selling the cobra and purchasing a truck. I thought I would come on here and see what others would do. Maybe someone that has been in the same situation.

CAM09

Established Member
Ohio is a good place to live I live in Columbus, as far as keeping the COBRA hell yea keep it ton of fun in the summer if you have time on weekends. My dad has an 03 Sonic Blue and he drove his a few years back all winter (as long as you know how to drive the car you should be good) I drove my car all winter about 2 years ago and had really no problems....so its up to you, by time you move here in Jan snow might last until Marchish so.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I would recommend you have other means of transportation especially in the winter. A 4x4 would be nice. Not to mention the roads here in Ohio are horrible.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Get an SUV! I would never drive my Cobra during the winter - made that mistake with my last Mustang in Michigan. I do love my "other" Mustang though - an AWD Lincoln Aviator that is the DD. Best of luck with the move.

4V FURY

Largly Misunderstood
Established Member
You seriously need to get a winter beater and keep the Cobra. Living that close to Lake Erie (like i do) can be pretty unpredictable. You can pick up something cheap here off of craigslist or if possible bring something rust free from down there. I have a 94 Ranger 2wd with 64k, paid $1600 and liability insurance is $98 a half.

nycarpenter

Established Member
R.i.p cobra :)

I too live in N.E Ohio and would not venture to driving the Cobra in the winter months. From late April to late Nov the car is a ball here but after Thanksgiving its time to put it in the garage. If you get the itch for another cobra look me up as I will be selling my silver vert this summer...

Users who are viewing this thread