MSX Longtube Group Buy!!

I'D WIN

Established Member
Its mod dependent ... more than likely its not going to be very noticeable at your stage. It will be louder for sure but due to less back pressure, you may loose some (minimal amount) of boost. Remember ... Loss of boost does NOT = less power though either. Dyno tested results, for the most part, show a slight drop in torque more than anything else. That is mainly due to less backpressure. You will not be disappointed!

firemanlightnin

Its a Hybrid
Established Member
I making 400 hp and 500 trq........i see thats the same as what MSX was making.......but I'm going with cats are you saying i will not gain as much hp as MSX?

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
They are a high quality high flow cats. I dont know if they are planning to dyno the truck with cats, I will find out on Friday.

Are Magnaflow and Bassani cats considered high quality? There have been many members dissatisfied with their longevity. Would you expect the ones you are using to be better than theirs?

Billy@MSX

Banned
The cats we are using for the mid pipes are a high flow OBD2 compliant converter which is designed to last the life of the vehicle just like any OBD2 compliant converter. A few things we noticed in our testing is lightnings with stock built motors and less then 14 pounds of boost will benefit better with the catted version then off road. This is due to the loss of back pressure at mid rpms and cruising rpms. Any other questions let me know. Thanks

Billy

I'D WIN

Established Member
Just a thought and more or less a suggestion ...

Weld in an extra 02 bung on both sides of the midpipes for those who wish to run a wideband setup. It will enable those who wish to run a single or dual channel wideband setup and ultimately not have to worry about finding a place that can do it for them. Also, It will an added measure for monitoring AFR's on both ends.

Just my .02

I'D WIN

Established Member
Even if you guys had to raise the price slightly to compensate, it would be well worth it!

Use it or cap it but atleast you have it just in case!

LightningLou

Established Member
I'D WIN said:

Weld in an extra 02 bung on both sides of the midpipes for those who wish to run a wideband setup. It will enable those who wish to run a single or dual channel wideband setup and ultimately not have to worry about finding a place that can do it for them. Also, It will an added measure for monitoring AFR's on both ends.

Just my .02

Yeah, I would love to see that as well. Still debating whether or not I can gather enough money to get a set of headers with catted mid's. How hard is the install and can I put on the headers without having to lift up each side of the motor to get to the mounting bolts and just put my truck on a lift and slide them up from underneath and take off my wheels to guide it through and tighten or what??

btw Any new pics after the cermaic coating?? I'm sure they're going to look HOT!! :D

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
You will definitely have to remove the wheels and the inner fenders. More than likely, from experience, you are only gonna have to slightly lift up the drivers side of the engine. With these LT's, you may even be able to lift up the motor just enough without removing the motor mount bolts. There is a lot of space on the passenger side.

Maybe Billy can chime in later and explain the install further.

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
I'D WIN said:

Just my .02

This is an excellent suggestion.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
svtdvm said:
This is an excellent suggestion.

+1, I agree. From a customer standpoint, this is an excellent suggestion!

But, I gotta add, in my opinion, from a company standpoint, this would be a pain-in-the-a$$. It would be much easier to just have the end-user decide if they want a bung welded onto the header. Plus, it's just as easy for the end-user to do before the headers are installed on the truck.

Stewart

Billy@MSX

Banned
I will check tomorrow about the bungs for the wide band sensors and let you guys know. About the install, we did not have to raise the motor at all. We removed both front wheels and inner fenders. The drivers side header will slide right in the passenger side you will need to remove the starter and use some elbow grease then the passenger will pop in. I was actually surprised how easy the headers went in. The headers will come with detailed instructions

Quik Z06

Established Member
Ok we have a couple local customers that have purchased these headers so we only have 3 spots left. The next 3 customers that pay will get their headers shipped out Dec 4th, if not you can get in on the next list.

Im going to start another list for the week of Dec 4th (list will be on the first)and those would ship out the week after that so if you want to get in on that list let me know. Thanks to all those that have joined this GB, we appreciate it.

firemanlightnin

Its a Hybrid
Established Member
quik......dont sell mine......Ill give you 700 2morrow just to hold mine if I have to.....the other 100 or so is in my hands but not in the bank yet....so it will be thursday when I get the rest to you

Users who are viewing this thread