MT-82 oil additive.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If you are already using Amsoil MTF Synchromesh, you are wasting your money. Motorcraft DCT transmission fluid + the cost of the new "miracle" additive @ 39.00 per bottle is a rip off.

Especially when Amsoil MTF corrects all shifting issues in the MT-82, for all climates, and at only $9.80 per quart for preferred customers.

The money this thread will provoke Mustang owners to invest is astounding, when MTF has already solved the issue for a lot less.

jdcobra

Established Member
If you are already using Amsoil MTF Synchromesh, you are wasting your money. Motorcraft DCT transmission fluid + the cost of the new "miracle" additive @ 39.00 per bottle is a rip off.

Especially when Amsoil MTF corrects all shifting issues in the MT-82, for all climates, and at only $9.80 per quart for preferred customers.

The money this thread will provoke Mustang owners to invest is astounding, when MTF has already solved the issue for a lot less.

They said MTL not MTF, is there a difference?

clinton2003

Established Member
I just swapped to amsoil syncromesh and no difference, maybe my trans is too far gone (catching 2nd gear poping out 1st and second upon takeoff)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
They said MTL not MTF, is there a difference?

Big difference. MTL is too viscous for most climates. Even in Northwest Florida, the transmission is notchy on cold starts, taking up to five minutes of drive time to shift better.

I just swapped to amsoil syncromesh and no difference, maybe my trans is too far gone (catching 2nd gear poping out 1st and second upon takeoff)

Waiting too long results in no fluid making a difference. Your transmission symptoms are for a rebuild, not a fluid change.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Big difference. MTL is too viscous for most climates. Even in Northwest Florida, the transmission is notchy on cold starts.

That seems to be the issue I have read about. Waiting too long results in no fluid making a difference.

So being I'm from Texas would MTF be better?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Amsoil ftw.

I put MTL in the car originally and while it was an improvement over the factory fill, I would still grind 4th gear during spirited driving..

I switched to Amsoil Synchromesh and can report a tremendous difference in shifting quality over the previous Amsoil fluid. It is worth every penny @$30 for the swap.

No cold start issues, 0 grinding, 100% satisfied.

clinton2003

Established Member
Waiting too long results in no fluid making a difference. Your transmission symptoms are for a rebuild, not a fluid change.

Yes I know. It has gotten worse since amsoil but I know its not the oils fault, and changing it at that point just sped up the wear. Im not blaming anything but the transmission.

My point in this thread was to sharing information is all. Since its an additive that dealerships dont seem to know about, and Ford put on the list to be added to the transmission upon refill it must do something.

clinton2003

Established Member
The amsoil MTF 5w-30 right?

Only one that says synchromesh on the bottle. If you call your local amsoil dealer, they gave it to me at wholesale, + shipping. And gave me a login to buy amoil at wholesale for 6 months not bad for $48 (bought 4 qts just in case)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I've been an amsoil preferred customer for years now. The membership is definitely worth it if you're anal about the fluids in your car. With 2 gallons of oil per change on these mustangs, the savings add up very quickly if you race/drive a lot like I do.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've been an amsoil preferred customer for years now. The membership is definitely worth it if you're anal about the fluids in your car. With 2 gallons of oil per change on these mustangs, the savings add up very quickly if you race/drive a lot like I do.

Especially when you only have to change your engine oil once a year. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread