MT82 Fix??

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Just do a search in this subforum. There is a ton of information about the multiple fixes for the lockouts and sticky shifts that people experience.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have it. It helps with the high rpm sticking clutch pedal issues. This, in conjunction with a good shifter/bracket makes a world of difference in shift quality.

Mike

BPatterson

Established Member
Unfortunately, I'm one of the few that none of the little mods have helped. I have the JHR clutch line, Barton shifter and bracket, DOT 4 fluid, etc...clutch still sticks on high rpm shifts. When I go WOT in first gear, you can literally feel the clutch pedal being pulled to the floor.

ant_wailes

That was an extremely informative video. The MT82 transmission is keeping away from getting into a 5.0. These fixes are giving me hope that there is a permanent fix.

@BPatterson, since none of these small mods have worked what is your next action to hopefully fix your problem? Just man it out?

mcduffer7

Established Member
Unfortunately, I'm one of the few that none of the little mods have helped. I have the JHR clutch line, Barton shifter and bracket, DOT 4 fluid, etc...clutch still sticks on high rpm shifts. When I go WOT in first gear, you can literally feel the clutch pedal being pulled to the floor.

Isn't there a TSB to fix this? I thought they switch out the pedal assembly. To the OP, I have a 2011 bought new in August 2010. I have a whopping 11,000 miles on it but with a Steeda Tri-Ax and JHR bracket on board MY trans has shifted just fine. Don't let the few instances scare you away from a great car.

Jedisalami

Established Member

Assist spring removed?

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I never really had shifting issues other than the fact that I really couldn't shift as fast as I like to during spirited driving or I would get locked out of 3rd and sometimes in 4th. Tried the $20 bucks energy suspension bushing and I am impressed. Can't believe how soft the stock bushing was. I'm sure ford probably done this for NVH but even with the harder energy suspension bushing the NVH difference is very minor. When shifting I do notice a little more hollowed out sound but usually only shifting to 5th gear. Overall, as long as NVH is really not a concern I'm sure MGW or Barton would do wonders considering that a simple hard bushing can do wonders.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Yea I have it all and it still shifts like a turd. I don't miss shifts though. I'm gonna try ams oil stuff in a few months to see if it changes. However the clutch line made my clutch feel sooooo much better and more consistent.

AssPikle

Established Member
Thanks all for the replies. Food for thought. Now i need to decide if i can live without my truck by getting another mustang. This would make for number 11!

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I never really had shifting issues other than the fact that I really couldn't shift as fast as I like to during spirited driving or I would get locked out of 3rd and sometimes in 4th. Tried the $20 bucks energy suspension bushing and I am impressed. Can't believe how soft the stock bushing was. I'm sure ford probably done this for NVH but even with the harder energy suspension bushing the NVH difference is very minor. When shifting I do notice a little more hollowed out sound but usually only shifting to 5th gear. Overall, as long as NVH is really not a concern I'm sure MGW or Barton would do wonders considering that a simple hard bushing can do wonders.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Which bushing?

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
That was an extremely informative video. The MT82 transmission is keeping away from getting into a 5.0. These fixes are giving me hope that there is a permanent fix.

@BPatterson, since none of these small mods have worked what is your next action to hopefully fix your problem? Just man it out?

Is it really? With 3 posts. Mine shifts fine. Dont post if you dont have a clue.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The 11s seem to have more issues than the 12s. But as stated its a multiple parts issue.

87hatchy

Established Member
Just dont buy an '11 and you'll be fine. Get a 12 or 13. Tge 2011s seemto have more issues with pressure plate bolts, tranny fluid, etc. And it makes sense theyd have more issues. First year of the coyote/MT82. Gotta work out the issues ya know?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread