Murdered Out Charger Hellcat Murdered

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Good kill Op, but as everyone has said you got lucky beating him in 4th at 70 especially if it actually was a Hellcat.

Speedboosted

Established Member
The 2013 is quite different than the 2012. Drive the two stock & you'll see what I mean.

Our car will not downshift from 4th to 2nd over 60mph. I can shift from 1st to 2nd over 70 mph so I don't know why it locks out the downshift. I don't know if it has anything to do with the car being a vert. In 4th, 70 to 100 is just a split second and 4th gear will pull all the way past 120. 2nd gear would be a complete waste of time because I would have to shift immediately to 3rd. I could have done the pull in 3rd if I had thought the cat would have been a challenge or I couldn't pull past it in 4th. Pulling from 4th at this speed is very much like digging from 2nd, the car will do it quite nicely without riding close to the redline.

Just stop...

Good kill on the Scat Pack Charger, that wasn't a Hellcat.

+1...Thank you. Someone gets it

My guess is he was too new to the car to have the correct gear. He still had temp plates on the car. That's probably why he didn't want to go again.

Again just stop...

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
The 2013 is quite different than the 2012. Drive the two stock & you'll see what I mean.

Our car will not downshift from 4th to 2nd over 60mph. I can shift from 1st to 2nd over 70 mph so I don't know why it locks out the downshift. I don't know if it has anything to do with the car being a vert. In 4th, 70 to 100 is just a split second and 4th gear will pull all the way past 120. 2nd gear would be a complete waste of time because I would have to shift immediately to 3rd. I could have done the pull in 3rd if I had thought the cat would have been a challenge or I couldn't pull past it in 4th. Pulling from 4th at this speed is very much like digging from 2nd, the car will do it quite nicely without riding close to the redline.

1st gear ends at just over 60 mph and 3rd gear ends at 130 mph in my car. Verts must be way different. :shrug: I probably wouldn't have gone down to second but I definitely would have gone down to third. If you raced at hellcat in 4th gear @ 70 mph you definitely beat the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread