Mustang GT...whipped.

Sith

Banned
Filled my baby up with gas and was driving home when i see a Mustang GT (with work done, can hear the exhaust under a bridge). Judging by the tailights it was a 96-98 GT (was dark couldn't really see). Pulled up next to him at a light didn't think anything of it, he guns it, so i quickly gun it response and pass him by 3rd gear (by a good 2-3 car lengths), flash the hazards, slow down to let him catch up. He gets next to me and as I go to honk he guns it ( :rollseyes ) so i gun it and fly right past him within about 2-3 seconds, flash the hazards again and disengage.

We get up to another light and I ask him what he's got, he says intake, exhaust, gears, but blames losing on a bad clutch ( :rollseyes ). Asks me what I have, I proudly tell him I'm 100% stock. Exchange pleasantry's and go on our way.

Whole race was on a full tank of gas.

Just another routine kill :rolling:

Sith

Banned
I don't know why you guys have problems with the flashers, I do it to signify i'm disengaging / I won. It's just a way to prevent ricer flyby's only to pull up to a light and they go "haha i killed you at the end man". If you flash your hazards all you say back is "um did you not see the flashers?".

It's basically just a way of saying the race is over...

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the flashers. I was on the freeway one time and a fellow Evo owner (we had a meet earlier) came flying by and cut in front of me and threw on the flashers. It was all in good fun and I thought it was funny.

Another time a VW jetta pulled up to a light in a lane that was going to merge. I didn't think much of it until he "jumped" out and tried to pass me. I don't know if he wanted to race or was just an ass, but I passed him and my friend hit my flashers. I thought that was funny, the VW probably didn't even know what the hell I was doing. :banana:

Sith

Banned
astrocreep96 said:
I love the flashers. I was on the freeway one time and a fellow Evo owner (we had a meet earlier) came flying by and cut in front of me and threw on the flashers. It was all in good fun and I thought it was funny.

See unless he was joking around, THAT I don't agree with. That's "ricey". Like I said I use the flashers to signify I won and I'm disengaging.

It's one thing to have a legit race and flash the hazards to signify the end, it's another to cut in front of someone on the highway and flash them? That's not a race :rollseyes

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Sith said:
See unless he was joking around, THAT I don't agree with. That's "ricey". Like I said I use the flashers to signify I won and I'm disengaging.

It's one thing to have a legit race and flash the hazards to signify the end, it's another to cut in front of someone on the highway and flash them? That's not a race :rollseyes

Yes, it was a joke. And I have never actually done it in a race, and never to a car that might want to race. I just do it to **** with people. I'm an ass like that.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Cool kill. I know exactly the way a car with the mods you described drives, and they are turds. Do you have any plans to mod your Cobra? :-D

Sith

Banned
I don't do it to start a race, that's retarded. If reving your engine isn't a good enough sign then I don't think you should be racing in the first place.

Actually I don't ever "start" a race to begin with, I let them come to me. I get plenty enough as it is.

Sith

Banned
32V GT said:
Cool kill. I know exactly the way a car with the mods you described drives, and they are turds. Do you have any plans to mod your Cobra? :-D

Yup. :rolling: I gotta pay the season tickets before I start work on it though. I'm only going to do minor mods, I'll be happy with a 13.5 quartermile till the new cobra :)

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Sith said:
I don't do it to start a race, that's retarded. If reving your engine isn't a good enough sign then I don't think you should be racing in the first place.

Actually I don't ever "start" a race to begin with, I let them come to me. I get plenty enough as it is.

Yeah, some of us have a problem with that, as in our cars sound like shit compared to a V8. On the other hand, I've never had to start a race, something about the giant wing out back brings them to me.

nytmare00gt

Established Member
Sith said:
Filled my baby up with gas and was driving home when i see a Mustang GT (with work done, can hear the exhaust under a bridge). Judging by the tailights it was a 96-98 GT (was dark couldn't really see). Pulled up next to him at a light didn't think anything of it, he guns it, so i quickly gun it response and pass him by 3rd gear (by a good 2-3 car lengths), flash the hazards, slow down to let him catch up. He gets next to me and as I go to honk he guns it ( :rollseyes ) so i gun it and fly right past him within about 2-3 seconds, flash the hazards again and disengage.

We get up to another light and I ask him what he's got, he says intake, exhaust, gears, but blames losing on a bad clutch ( :rollseyes ). Asks me what I have, I proudly tell him I'm 100% stock. Exchange pleasantry's and go on our way.

Whole race was on a full tank of gas.

Just another routine kill :rolling:

To bad your in Orlando, I'd give you a taste of my puny GT

Nice kill on a 230-240hp car at the flywheel??

:lol:

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Sith said:
Yup. :rolling: I gotta pay the season tickets before I start work on it though. I'm only going to do minor mods, I'll be happy with a 13.5 quartermile till the new cobra :)

Are you going to get rid of your Cobra? I've always wanted to get my hands on one of those teksid blocks. :pepper:

Sith

Banned
slver00GT said:
To bad your in Orlando, I'd give you a taste of my puny GT

Nice kill on a 230-240hp car at the flywheel??

:lol:

Right, and you could taste my brother's 04 (not stock ;-) )cobra at the same time we're racing.... :burn:

Sith

Banned
32V GT said:
Are you going to get rid of your Cobra? I've always wanted to get my hands on one of those teksid blocks. :pepper:

Nope i'll be holding on the old Cobra. Sentimental (no idea how it's spelled)Value.

Users who are viewing this thread