Mustang vs ...

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like too much fun.

Would’ve been really cool to see a rear mounted camera once you passed the Viper. Clearly you were laying back on it, just hard to tell how much. Watching it fade would have put it into perspective.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You were making the guy in the ACR nervous as all get out haha

ToddW702

Established Member
That thing is crazy. Looks like a lot of fun thanks for sharing. I could watch these all day.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great driving, Ben. You obviously know the track, know your car, and have driving skill. Very impressive! And yeah, you definitely were getting the attention of the Viper driver. He got squirrelly multiple times and was probably more than a bit relieved when you passed him.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The Viper was pretty dramatic in the video. The way the car snapped back into line several times after beginning to rotate, I am guessing that the Stability Control was lending a hand, which sure beats the alternative.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Was that just one session? You were chewing through the field pretty hard. I could tell you were making the ACR driver really nervous. LOL The GT350R driver didn't even try. That was disappointing. :( The Z06 was putting up a strong fight, though. You were killing them in the brake zones. From the looks of it, you could've gone even deeper. Seems like the car is made for trail braking. How about some rear camera shots in the future? It would be nice to see what's going on behind you. I SO hope Ford uses a variation of that transmission in the GT500 and not the torque converter automatic!!

08mojo

Established Member
Was that just one session? You were chewing through the field pretty hard. I could tell you were making the ACR driver really nervous. LOL The GT350R driver didn't even try. That was disappointing. :( The Z06 was putting up a strong fight, though. You were killing them in the brake zones. From the looks of it, you could've gone even deeper. Seems like the car is made for trail braking. How about some rear camera shots in the future? It would be nice to see what's going on behind you. I SO hope Ford uses a variation of that transmission in the GT500 and not the torque converter automatic!!

That transmission is a full fledged racing transmission with dog faced gears. If anything, it's more closely related to the 6 speed manual in current cars versus a DCT or torque converter automatic.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

That was assembled from a couple sessions. There were a number of less-interesting passes, and a fair bit of clear track which was nice.

I had already passed the GT350R in an earlier session, and he was being polite and letting me chase the Corvette unimpeded.

I'm always cautious approaching cars I haven't encountered before. You never know if they're going to brake in a weird spot, or drop a wheel and spin across the track. I know I'm going to get past them before long, and a couple corners of observation first keeps everyone's car unblemished.

The GT4 definitely likes a bit of trail brake to induce rotation. It's very neutral once you're into the high-speed corners, and I'm still learning to get it through the slow corners without understeer.

And yah, I'll add a rear-facing camera. Or just mount a Fusion 360 on the roof to get the panoramic view...

smitty2919

Established Member
Is that a standard stick shift transmission or does it have paddle shifters? Judging by the sound and speed, it's paddle?

It pulls great, very cool car.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ben, again it was nice meeting you on saturday!

That car is a friggen beast. I was telling the corvette guys about it. Also, that blue ACR is Salomondrin's old car (some of you guys know who that is in youtube).

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice driving looks like a blast. Congrats on getting Your car. Sounds wicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread