Mustang week in Myrtle Beach S.C.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Won't go the whole week. Been wanting to go for a couple of years; I have a feeling that this is the year.

Will be a Fri-Sun affair for me.

Have family in the Charlotte area so may just stay with them and drive over unless I find a nice (cheap) place close by.

PERCULATOR

Banned
NOW THATS PERSONAL GUY, U DONT MIND IF I CALL U GU
mblgjr said:
Won't go the whole week. Been wanting to go for a couple of years; I have a feeling that this is the year.

Will be a Fri-Sun affair for me.

Have family in the Charlotte area so may just stay with them and drive over unless I find a nice (cheap) place close by.

Damn man, Charlotte is a ways away and gas is ridiculous right now. I have a friend who has a beach house and im not sure how many of are going yet, but if we have extra room i'll get back to ya.

Jroc

Established Member
I might ride up there for a day. Haven't been yet, and I keep saying that I'm going to go every year. :smmon:

gsxrbb

Banned
Good thing I only live an hour away :D

Oh thats right...I dont have a Cobra yet :kaboom: :mj:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It would take me Three fill ups to go down. Thee fill ups to come back, and probably one fill up while I am there. I would have at least $315.00 in gas just driving. So, unless I hit a windfall it is unlikely I will be going down this year.

-Jeff

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
500 miles one way for me. (9hrs)

Would likely cost around $180 in fuel(total), plus two nights lodging and food.

So minimal $500 trip/vacation.

PERCULATOR

Banned
NOW THATS PERSONAL GUY, U DONT MIND IF I CALL U GU
I totally feel ya'lls pain on the damn gas. The shit is ridiculous right now. Im lucky enough to have a friend with a place there. I need to talk to him to see much extra room he has. If nothing else, we might have some extra room and be willing to rent some out for really cheap. I thought about taking my 2000 V-6.......but I think I'll stand just a little better chance of getting some pooh nanny in the cobra vert...what ya'll think??

ASVT2NV

Insane And Rising....
Established Member
Will be going up this year and running and showing with the BMC crew. It's fun up there. Went 2 years ago and loved it. It's amazing how sick of seeing mustangs one can get.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Perculator: I'm not even driving my car; will be coming in the DD pickup so I can haul anything I find home. Plus I don't have to worry about parking at all. Throw it on the curb if I have to!

I haven't even looked into a room yet, I'm sure I'm running short on time.

ASVT2NV

Insane And Rising....
Established Member
mblgjr - check out the holiday sands south. They have really really nice rooms facing the strip for the whole week they priced me $600. This is more than likely where I will be staying.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was going to go both for the fun of attending the event, and to sell some shifter gasket products, but with gas being so expensive it is just about out of the question now. I'd have to spend almost $500. round trip just for gas. I would imagine a lot of people are limiting their driving this year due to the rising gas prices. And it wouldn't surprise me if by mid-summer we see $4. a gallon. Insane!

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
I'm going for the entire week. This event just gets bigger and bigger. The mustang week staff every year cotinues to work hard to bring in Sponsors that will take the event to another level. It is quickly becoming the Mustang event to go to. I can assure you that the gas prices frustrate them as much as it frustrates us.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I might be going, my Grandparents have a condo just south of mrytle Beach. For those lookin for places to stay, try Surfside Beach. It is about 5 miles south. P.S. It is about a 14 hr ride for me. I go every yr in June for vaka.

mrose75

Established Member
Well, mine is back in TX (I'm currently in Augusta, GA). So, I won't be taking the Honda there. But please post pics!!!

Users who are viewing this thread