Mustang6g and their beef with this forum.

Randy M

Established Member
I'm over there quite a bit. Not because of allegiance but for whatever reason there are far more postings. One of the moderators over there is pretty uptight as I got banned for saying that the LE is just a GT with a badge car offered with different colors lol. A few years back when the '12 B302 was new The Mustang Source was the site to go to with lots of activity. I haven't checked that site out for months.

Imo this site should change its name to reflect the new naming of Ford Performance. SVT is not as relevant as it used to be. Change the name and the naming of some of the forums here, revamp the graphics to reflect and the interest would go up for sure.

Last edited:

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
I'm over there quite a bit. Not because of allegiance but for whatever reason there are far more postings. One of the moderators over there is pretty uptight as I got banned for saying that the LE is just a GT with a badge car offered with different colors lol. A few years back when the '12 B302 was new The Mustang Source was the site to go to with lots of activity. I haven't checked that site out for months.

Imo this site should change its name to reflect the new naming of Ford Performance. SVT is not as relevant as it used to be. Change the name and the naming of some of the forums here, revamp the graphics to reflect and the interest would go up for sure.

Yeah one of the mods keeps deleting all my SVTP reference posts lol. And I agree this site filled a niche but now that niche has changed its name. I originally only found this site because I was looking for Cobra community and ended up never being active since I decided against buying one.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

Sad that some glitter/fluff are somehow intertwined with content. May as well change the URL to this one if its all about entertaining the latest demographic.

Randy M

Established Member
Sad that some glitter/fluff are somehow intertwined with content. May as well change the URL to this one if its all about entertaining the latest demographic.

Well that's the reality of it. If Ford kept making the same models without ever upgrading they would lose market share. Stay relevant or die.

Randy M

Established Member
Have you actually seen all the sub sections here?

Yes I have. The B302 section is actually quite good, even though the B302 had nothing to do with SVT. In general I think this site is one of the better ones. It just needs to be refreshed to reflect all of the recent changes.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yes I have. The B302 section is actually quite good, even though the B302 had nothing to do with SVT. In general I think this site is one of the better ones. It just needs to be refreshed to reflect all of the recent changes.

This site offers a lot of good Mustang information across the board, some of these members are very knowledgeable.

I really like the effort that Sid, Turner and Tob put into some of these articles/posts to give us answers to the questions we can't get answered anywhere else. I like the SVTP name as well, sounds cool, hints at fast Fords and rolls off the tongue.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Well that's the reality of it. If Ford kept making the same models without ever upgrading they would lose market share. Stay relevant or die.

I'm not so sure that the continual model year vehicle refresh/changeover is analogous to that of discussion forums keeping pace via changing their "look" but given the attention span of today's average American I can see your point.

Ummm, how did you know about that site Tob? :poke:

I didn't. But now you do too.:banana:

Have you noticed the views in the '03-'04 section? A two year run, over a decade ago, brings in more than the '07-'12 GT500 and '13/'14 GT500 sections see, combined. As the S550 becomes more common you'll see mirrored growth in the relevant sections here. The Corral, Team Shelby, Brad's Mustangs, etc, all saw their day. All had their refreshes. The difference here is the edge and the fact that Travis is out there promoting continual growth via numerous large scale events. And he couldn't have tapped anyone better than Steve Turner to help steer the ship.

This site offers a lot of good Mustang information across the board, some of these members are very knowledgeable.

I really like the effort that Sid, Turner and Tob put into some of these articles/posts to give us answers to the questions we can't get answered anywhere else. I like the SVTP name as well, sounds cool, hints at fast Fords and rolls off the tongue.

Can't argue with that!

5 DOT 0

Established Member
It's amazing how much inaccurate information is there and also how clueless some of the members are. It's like they've never driven anything other than a Prius before. This is my second favorite Mustang forum. ;-)

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
It's amazing how much inaccurate information is there and also how clueless some of the members are. It's like they've never driven anything other than a Prius before. This is my second favorite Mustang forum. ;-)

so true - but there's lots of good information on there as well, and there's people like that on every forum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread