My 04 cobra's VMP Gen 2 TVS swap

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The removable elbow is a very appealing feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I went with it. I already had to take it off to swap injectors. Plus the tvs had a lot of pulley options.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Can't wait to see the numbers! Can I ask why you decided to go VMP vs whipple?
I'll be posting up the numbers tomorrow. In the beginning I was going to do a 2.9 Whipple with a full fuel system on E85, But I might never go to E85 so I figured the TVS would be the better choice.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'll be posting up the numbers tomorrow. In the beginning I was going to do a 2.9 Whipple with a full fuel system on E85, But I might never go to E85 so I figured the TVS would be the better choice.

Good luck. You could still do corn with the TVS someday.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck. You could still do corn with the TVS someday.

Thanks and yes I agree, but I have a feeling I'll be selling the car sometime this year in search for another 13/14 GT500, but we'll see how tomorrow goes.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks and yes I agree, but I have a feeling I'll be selling the car sometime this year in search for another 13/14 GT500, but we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Damn that's quick lol. Can't say I blame you that is probably one car I would sell my Terminator for. I went for a ride and my friends stock 13 and man what a sweet car.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

So you had a ported eaton making 523/555 and you have no plans to spin the tvs 20+ psi on ethanol? Prepare to be disappointed....you're leaving 20% hp/tq on the table (and a lot of low end)... the bang for buck will take a big hit.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn that's quick lol. Can't say I blame you that is probably one car I would sell my Terminator for. I went for a ride and my friends stock 13 and man what a sweet car.

It's a possibility. I'm really starting to miss my 13 Shelby a lot. But if all goes well today I might end up keeping the cobra.
Lol maybe.
So you had a ported eaton making 523/555 and you have no plans to spin the tvs 20+ psi on ethanol? Prepare to be disappointed....you're leaving 20% hp/tq on the table (and a lot of low end)... the bang for buck will take a big hit.
I know I'm leaving power on the table being on pump gas. But I don't know how hard I want to push this car just yet. 600 is the goal today, if I makes 585 I'm cool with that also. I'm headed to the dyno right now.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I know I'm leaving power on the table being on pump gas. But I don't know how hard I want to push this car just yet. 600 is the goal today, if I makes 585 I'm cool with that also. I'm headed to the dyno right now.

Ok, well good luck! Actually this will be a good experiment to give you a baseline on the pump gas/lower boost tune and then hopefully you keep the car long enough to make the switch to the higher boost/ethanol tune....I'm sure the forum would love to see the results, especially overlayed from the same dyno drums.

Man, I think you'd be foolish to get rid of her now! I'd love a 13/14 gt500...but I wouldn't sell my torch red beauty to get one....it would have to be an addition. lol, no subtraction

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, well good luck! Actually this will be a good experiment to give you a baseline on the pump gas/lower boost tune and then hopefully you keep the car long enough to make the switch to the higher boost/ethanol tune....I'm sure the forum would love to see the results, especially overlayed from the same dyno drums.

Man, I think you'd be foolish to get rid of her now! I'd love a 13/14 gt500...but I wouldn't sell my torch red beauty to get one....it would have to be an addition. lol, no subtraction
I'm sure the car would hit close to 700whp with E85 on 20+psi. But I don't know how hard I want to push it.

The funny part is I owned my 13 Shelby and my 04 cobra at the same time lol. But it was getting to expensive to own both.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I'm sure the car would hit close to 700whp with E85 on 20+psi. But I don't know how hard I want to push it.

The funny part is I owned my 13 Shelby and my 04 cobra at the same time lol. But it was getting to expensive to own both.

Mine made 720 at 22/23psi on e85. I vote put it on e85 crank the boost and timing and keep it then add a gt500.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

You are unequivocally pushing your luck more at 600 gas than you are 700 ethanol. I can link in this thread case after case after case of 600hp TS terminators that blew a motor......I can't link one single case of a 700 E85 terminator letting go. The only reason this wouldn't ring true is if the motor was weak or damaged to begin with...if you have a solid factory motor, add in the appropriate fuel mods and a solid tune, I would feel safer at 700 corn than pushing pump gas.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Any numbers yet?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yup, so unfortunately because of my hoosier tires the car kept spinning on the dyno, so the best numbers were 604whp and 566wtq, my tuner said it's probably closer to 625 and 580. The only bad part is my tires are destroyed lol but the car drives great.
31946330054_2129273be0_c.jpg

32636262192_94401f166b_c.jpg

31946333344_e67505cfd6_c.jpg

DropSVT

Established Member
Wow i might have missed it but was this on 91 or 93? 600+ with some spin is awesome news on pump. I cant decide whether to go 2.9 whipple or this 2.3 so ive been waiting for your results. I live in cali so 91 is only available and i want to break 600s

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread