My 12 GT500 on Forgeline SC1 Monoblocks

hoamskilet

Established Member
I guess Ill be the odd man out but I dont like the look. Wheels are nice but to me they dont fit on that car well. Wheels look like they were meant for a luxury sports car or something else, not the Shelby... My .02

I agree. They looked perfect on the Aston, but just OK on the Shelby

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Hybred, I have some 2013 GT500 rear brake take offs for sale, they should fill a little bit of the brake-wheel gap.
Its 13.8" vs the stock 2012 GT500 and older 11.8" rotors.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I know they aren't for everyone, I didn't order them with this car in mind. But they aren't terrible, and I know some will really like them. On the right car they'll look amazing. They're honestly the nicest set of wheels I've ordered from Forgeline. I was asked for specs, here's the deal...

The rears had the inner hub machined by Forgeline to clear the Shelby's bigger rear axles. You have to be a little more careful lining them all up, and definitely torque in a standard star pattern, but they do fit fine and the efffective offset is within 0.01 in of the set I had ordered for my Boss Mustang. Unfortunately, they're 10.5" instead of the 11" I'd prefer. The fronts require a 3/8 spacer (IIRC) to sit right. They're still a little tucked, but even this low I have no issues with them hitting anything. They're 20x9 and 20x10.5. They have very nearly new Hankook tires, 285s on the rear and 255s I think on the front. If they had 1000 miles on them I'd be surprised.

I can try to look up the original invoice, but I'm not sure the specs will help much unless you're trying to fit them on something other than an S197.

Rears:
7E25D74D-3A20-4CE6-97FB-78C5719D891C_zpscefebewz.jpg

Ha, did not expect that. K&N version wiped down? You can swap the wheels.

Yep, rubbing alcohol and the decals came right off!! Now if only I could find an Aston and a Boss, I'd be super happy.

Hybred, I have some 2013 GT500 rear brake take offs for sale, they should fill a little bit of the brake-wheel gap.
Its 13.8" vs the stock 2012 GT500 and older 11.8" rotors.

Still the same crappy ugly rear calipers tho right? I'll freely admit, I'm a huge brake snob. And these are just awful. I actually hit up a couple of shops to try to fab up a way to put the Camaro/CTS-V rear calipers on this car but they had zero interest :cry:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
See that disgusting caliper?

No.

And it's a damn shame. I don't know what Ford was thinking with that. The replacement choices are stupid expensive. I can't tell you how much I hate seeing those things through my wheels. Fronts I like, rears gotta GO!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Looks great!!! Forgeline HQ is over here by us and always see their wheels. Great looking wheels! Not sure i have seen a bad one in person yet!

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I dig it.

I think some folks are in the process (or already have) of making a conversion kit to fit the 6-piston Brembo brakes from the 2015 GT PP for S197s. They'd look great behind those wheels and they have beefy calipers.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I dig it.

I think some folks are in the process (or already have) of making a conversion kit to fit the 6-piston Brembo brakes from the 2015 GT PP for S197s. They'd look great behind those wheels and they have beefy calipers.

I approached a couple of shops about fabbing brackets to convert the Camaro/V rear Brembo calipers to a Mustang, but nobody wanted to help with the R&D...

This is relevant to my interests

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
...Still the same crappy ugly rear calipers tho right? I'll freely admit, I'm a huge brake snob. And these are just awful. I actually hit up a couple of shops to try to fab up a way to put the Camaro/CTS-V rear calipers on this car but they had zero interest :cry:

Lucky for you that AP Racing is about to release their S197 kits. If you want an upgraded brake, that's what I'd recommend based on my past interactions with AP brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread