My 13' GT is slow. WTF.

boosted70

Established Member
6 passes on the car and I can't trap higher than 110.5mph.

Best 60' is 2.05.

Best ET is 12.65.

I have an A6 with roush ab and 93 tune.

Local guy with my exact setup went 11.8's.

This was at lone star motorsports park in Sealy, Texas.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Your car is slow because it doesn't run 11s with nothing but mufflers and a tune?

Damn, I need a 5.0.

boosted70

Established Member
These cars are running mid 12's stock.

Whats even worse is I was on ET streets.....275/60/15s.

I had the tire psi all over the place and still couldnt hook.

On 15psi I couldnt even do a burnout, it would just hop.

Frustrating. I dont want to do another damn thing to this car until I am at least trapping 115+ with a tune only like everybody else...

boosted70

Established Member
I know temp and DA play into effect a little bit.

DA was 1100' and temp was 95.

10mph headwind.

I just find it strange how some 5.0s are running low 12's/high 11's tune only and you have turds with tunes maybe hitting high 12's and at a slow mph.

Kevin P

Established Member
The weather and headwind is affecting your mph.

You should be able to 60' better with drag radials though.

04compgt

Established Member
whose tune do you have? I had an issue with mine in the beginning, I took it to a local tuner to dyno tune the car, he has a really good reputation in tuning these cars but what I didn't know was that he had never tuned the A6 and only the M6. The A6 is a totally different animal when it comes to tuning and well to say the least my car was slow too. I then gave up on him doing revisions because we were not getting anywhere, I purchased the PRP SCT software and started doing my own tuning and well my car has been 11.0 @ 123 on motor, so I am a firm believer of it is not right unless you are doing it yourself. I would suggest you try VMP, AED tune, these guys have the auto tuning down.

boosted70

Established Member
JPC.

But in their defense they sent me a tune that they used on a local guy with the same setup as me. He was in the 11's with that tune with mufflers and radials.

But every car is different so...?

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I've read and found the 13-14 a6's have a different torque converter than the 11-12's,apparently it's a little tighter. I know they have a different part number than the 11-12's. I've been running in 1900-2600 DA and my best 60' leaving at idle and 100% stock is 2.05 60' and [email protected]

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Funny you mention that, Friday night at SGMP an 03 cobra with a 2.3 Whipple and slicks couldn't get out of the 13's....

I would of gone home and called my friends over for a bonfire and burned that biatch! Lol
Keep at it, times will get better!

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
it the heat bro
my 2011 has been 12.20's @ 115 on 1.91 60ft and is auto like yours and a week ago it went 12.72 @ 108 at RPR and was realy boggy out of the hole.
Right now the air is so hot and it is very humid and it is killing the cars.
Several friends with consistent 11 sec cars were running 12's and 13's all night.
I even put Torco in my car and loaded my race tune and it slowed down.

You should datalog the intake temps I bet they were really high too

Also you can turn off the trac control and ESC still be engaged and it will pull throttle when you launch and leave sluggish.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
My 14GT stock ran 12.6s in 70* weather... added a tune, off road exhaust and gt500 ab and I ran 12.4 @ 114ish in 100* plus heat.. I'm not gonna go back to the track till November... it's pointless with this heat. All runs were 2.0 60s on stock tires.

A6 too btw.

I think cooler weather and some Drs and I'll be knocking close to high 11s maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread