MY 2003 cobra taken from me!!!please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quad

Established Member
The dealership should have checked that car out for sure. Anybody that knows a little about 03/04 Terminators would have noticed the Eaton Supercharger and SVT badges on the engine.

But at the same time I am willing to bet you also knew deep down it was a Real Cobra. I mean it sounds like you really know something about Terminators and you even mentioned it ran just like a Terminator. Plus the interior and SVT badges are a dead giveaway.

So you should have checked the VIN's out just as much as the dealership. You're claiming you thought you bought a GT that was converted into a Cobra. Yet now you say you should get the Cobra back that you bought?? You knew it was a Cobra.

You got lucky here. But good luck with the new car. I would probably have done the same thing :)

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
quad said:
The dealership should have checked that car out for sure. Anybody that knows a little about 03/04 Terminators would have noticed the Eaton Supercharger and SVT badges on the engine.

But at the same time I am willing to bet you also knew deep down it was a Real Cobra. I mean it sounds like you really know something about Terminators and you even mentioned it ran just like a Terminator. Plus the interior and SVT badges are a dead giveaway.

So you should have checked the VIN's out just as much as the dealership. You're claiming you thought you bought a GT that was converted into a Cobra. Yet now you say you should get the Cobra back that you bought?? You knew it was a Cobra.

You got lucky here. But good luck with the new car. I would probably have done the same thing :)

TO the quote above from quad---your right but i was told that it was converted --and you know you think "we'll it a dealership that knew the history of the car"---"ok maybe someone did do a swap on all the parts." i just didn't think it could happen through a dealership--ya know--....AND..i just didn't think a car that has had an owner before me and go through a dealership inspection could be stolen( and i didn't know about secret V.I.N s either till the investors told me)

Look guys my thing is- they are stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!!
IF i take this all the way then they lose alot of money through customers. and wind up having to pay me for an 03 cobra which is anywhere from (22k-30k)
If i get the cobra that i want then they lose out the cost of the cobra( not considering they are being complete dic's about this) and maybe at least half my lawyer fee's. so i think they are getting off pretty good.....Anybody on this form would go for what they want...if they could... expecially with the hassle i am going through.

I think they are making out pretty good honestly...

Sharkster

Established Member
Mine went through a dealership as well. I talked to the previous owner of my car telling me she gets pretty nasty up over 500hp ehh. He starts listing the parts. Waaaaaaaiiiiiittttttt we are missing the new Heat exchanger, new idlers and blower pulley, and BAP and I think a few other things. He was pissed that some asshole at the dealership raped the car for parts. They either didnt want what I currently have or they ran out of time to get them. So with what I have now they tinker with the tune and were running the stock tune on it with my current setup. Talk about a bunch of worthless shitheads. there wasnt anything we could do about it.

Floof

McDoof
Established Member
Sharkster said:
Mine went through a dealership as well. I talked to the previous owner of my car telling me she gets pretty nasty up over 500hp ehh. He starts listing the parts. Waaaaaaaiiiiiittttttt we are missing the new Heat exchanger, new idlers and blower pulley, and BAP and I think a few other things. He was pissed that some asshole at the dealership raped the car for parts. They either didnt want what I currently have or they ran out of time to get them. So with what I have now they tinker with the tune and were running the stock tune on it with my current setup. Talk about a bunch of worthless shitheads. there wasnt anything we could do about it.

Am I the only one that got confused when reading this?

I don't understand what this has to do w/ the topic other than your car went to a dealership for something :shrug:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Hey Cobrasc03, I've been reading this since it started and just want to say one thing and don't take this wrong. DON'T BE TO GREEDY! It may come back and bite you. I'm not saying you don't deserve to have your car replaced but just take your time and let them do the offering and talking. Don't get hot headed and do something drastic because I agree with others, let your lawyer do the talking. If they contact you either have your lawyer present or on the phone with them also. Just be careful because I know from experience many years ago. Very long story but I got shafted big time and the company and people who did it, I believed enjoyed it. I did not and lost a lot of money.

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
wvmystichrome said:
Hey Cobrasc03, I've been reading this since it started and just want to say one thing and don't take this wrong. DON'T BE TO GREEDY! It may come back and bite you. I'm not saying you don't deserve to have your car replaced but just take your time and let them do the offering and talking. Don't get hot headed and do something drastic because I agree with others, let your lawyer do the talking. If they contact you either have your lawyer present or on the phone with them also. Just be careful because I know from experience many years ago. Very long story but I got shafted big time and the company and people who did it, I believed enjoyed it. I did not and lost a lot of money.

+1 BEST SAID!!!!!!!!!

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
you guys are right....I am letting things go...things come to those who wait....it's just hard..ya know? But i agree... but i will let it run through...When i hear something you guys will...I won't get gready. so i will look at some other ones too...

Any cobra better then no cobra!!!!!

Thanks---- :thumbsup: :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread