My 2011 made 434whp/391wtq on 91

Tay

Established Member
This car has just over a 1000 miles so please excuse the stock ride height and crappy wheels. Pictures will be posted soon with the new wheels, brakes, and suspension.

Mods:
Boss 302 Intake
JLT Intake
American Racing 2 7/8" Long tubes and 3" x-pipe with highflow cats
Dynomax 3" Race Cat-back
JBA Racing tune

YouTube - ‪2011 MustangGT‬‏

Last edited:

Tay

Established Member
How do you post images? I'm trying to post the dyno sheet.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
Those are inflated numbers man. Your shop did a 4th gear pull. These cars have to be ran in 5th. That's the 1:1 gear. 4th gear pulls are fake numbers.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If anything those numbers may be conservative. Steeper gearing tends to show negatively on dyno numbers. This is due to moment of inertia, loading and the steeper gearing curve.

With that said, you're probably only looking at a swing either way of 5-7 hp realistically.

Anyway dyno's are tuning tools. Trap speed in the 1/4 mile is a much better indicator of actual hp.

Definitely correct though. The dyno should be done in the 1:1 gear which is 5th for these cars.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Nice numbers. Seen your video on the JBA facebook page earlier. The guys and JBA have been pumping out some nice cars lately.

crand002

Established Member
I drove Tay's car today, regardless of what gear that pull was done this car yanks very hard. We'll take it to the track within the next few weeks and find out what it traps. My previous car dynoed at 440whp on a Mustang dyno and this car is just as fast if not faster in a heavier platform, the numbers are in line.

wbt

Banned
I drove Tay's car today, regardless of what gear that pull was done this car yanks very hard. We'll take it to the track within the next few weeks and find out what it traps. My previous car dynoed at 440whp on a Mustang dyno and this car is just as fast if not faster in a heavier platform, the numbers are in line.

Probably not. Dyno dynamics tend to read high. Ask JPC how they got to 500WHP N/A when no one else has. ;)

I don't like to get into pissing matches with dyno numbers. For example, I put down 432/370 at the wheels on a Dynojet and 450/404 on a Dynocom dyno. Both are SAE. No mods done to the car to add power between the dyno pulls.

The track will tell the tale.

Last edited:

crand002

Established Member
Probably not. Dyno dynamics tend to read high. Ask JPC how they got to 500WHP N/A when no one else has. ;)

I don't like to get into pissing matches with dyno numbers. For example, I put down 432/370 at the wheels on a Dynojet and 450/404 on a Dynocom dyno. Both are SAE. No mods done to the car to add power between the dyno pulls.

No doubt numbers are just that, numbers. As I mentioned above my previous car dynoed at 440whp on a low reading Mustang Dyno and Tay's car feels in line with that car. Rardless what this car makes on a dyno or traps this car will be a road race car where both of those measuring tools are a mute point.

wbt

Banned
No doubt numbers are just that, numbers. As I mentioned above my previous car dynoed at 440whp on a low reading Mustang Dyno and Tay's car feels in line with that car. Rardless what this car makes on a dyno or traps this car will be a road race car where both of those measuring tools are a mute point.

You can't quantify "feel".

Put some stickies on it and run it at the strip.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Damn that was long for a 4th gear pull, what gears are in that car?

edit: Is the back of that car even strapped? The fronts being strapped toward the rear at a 45 degree angle are a little scary...especially with all of the slack

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I think that with a 5th gear pull you get higher numbers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

stang910

Established Member

That car ran 10's at 128mph, I'm pretty sure it's a legit 500rwhp car. I know a guy that just put down 360 on a dyno dynamics and has JLT and a boss intake so I'd say they read low. Either way I think the OP's numbers are right in line.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
I had the shop dyno my car in fourth and fifth just to see the difference for myself. The numbers went down by 8hp in fourth gear.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
you took it to those ass holes at JBA that was your first problem (lol) they cant tune shit ..... when your ready go to RET or ST motorsports Greg and Adam know what going on .

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
sorry but if my car was on that dyno I would FREAK OUT on them for not strapping it down good. Im use to 4 straps on the back and wheel blocks on the front.

Users who are viewing this thread