My 2011 Mustang GT Is Gone . . . .

04Red-Snake

Established Member
I'm somewhat down . . . . This past Friday I ended up trading my 2011 Mustang GT for a 2011 Nissan XTerra S 4x4. I had to do it as I am relocating to Walpole MA due to my job. I was advised that my Mustang would not do all that well in the snow / ice, and I am not in a position where I could afford to park my Mustang and buy another vehicle. In addition, my boys (12 and 15 - built like football players) are much more comfortable in the SUV (when I have them as I am divorced and see them on weekends). I have lots to be thankful for, and apologize in advance for my rant. I had special ordered my GT back in May 2010, and honestly wanted to keep it for a very long time. I hope I can get another Mustang in the future. I felt terrible driving away and leaving her behind . . . Enjoy yours. Thank you for "listening".

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Cars come and go. Making the right decisions in life often is harder than not but sometimes one must put their needs before their wants.

Johnny03

Johnny
Established Member
Family and job first. You will soon be able to have any mustang you want if you work hard enough. It sounds like you are a smart guy. Good luck on your new job relocation. If you need any help in Massachusetts shoot me a pm.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I was in the same boat as you at the beginning of last year. Had to part ways with my dream Cobra to get a more practical car for school and work. Priorities suck but its the right thing to do.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I remember your thread a little while back about moving to Walpole. Feel free to contact me anytime if you need someone to show you around the city, i'm about 20 mins south of Boston soon to be in the heart of the city. It's a cool place to live there's a lot of fun and fairly inexpensive things to do in town. Hell with the weather we're having right now you could've driven your stang year round!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
do what you have to do. its sad but eventually you can get another once you complete your task at hand

04Red-Snake

Established Member
Thank you guys so very much for your support and kind words, I appreciate it immensely.

Ibleedblue13 & Johnnys Black03 - Thank you for offering to help. Would be cool to get to meet you once I am up there. You guys are the best!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Its been a very mild winter. Mustang would have done well so far!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
You'll be glad about your decision once the snow starts rolling in. People do drive their mustangs year round up north, but it's not always fun! I used to drive a few of my previous fbodies year round... And I would often get stuck.

Boston is a very cool place. I have family that lives out there... Hope you like the red sox and patriots!

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Walpole huh? Where in Walpole? I'm not far from there and I drive through all the time. Maybe you'll see my car in the spring time.

Best advice if you've never driven in the snow before, take your truck to an empty parking lot when its snowing out and get a feel for the truck on the snow. I can be fun, but scary sometimes too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You made the (right) decision you had to make and in the end you'll be very happy. When the first snow hits you'll be elated that you have that 4X4 XTerra. And a very nice SUV by the way. So far, yes, we've had relatively mild weather up here in the N.E. but winter just started 12 days ago, and we will surely get our share of snow before spring arrives. Trust me, you will be very happy with your Xterra over the Mustang (with the 4X4 feature and extra interior space). And you do have plenty of time down the road for another muscle car. I wish you the very best in your move to Walpole. :)

Users who are viewing this thread