My 2012 Boss 302 LS has a new stablemate...

boomstick33

Established Member
Picked her up last nite from the dealer, 2017 Challenger T/A 392 with a 6-speed. Perfect car to take the kiddos to the local car cruises this summer :)
challenger ta at dealer.jpg

boomstick33

Established Member
How is the T/A different?
It's definitely not a track car like the Boss, it's heavier & just bigger overall. Dodge really nailed it on the styling though, with the T/A stripes & black out treatment of the hood/roof/trunk. Front seats have T/A embroidered in them too. Has the Hellcat brakes & suspension but just not the supercharger & it's the 6.4L. I have a 4 year old & a 1 year old & wanted to get a new muscle car that has room for baby seats so I can take them to cruise-in's & shows & the Challenger just has more room on the inside, more so than the Mustang & Camaro. When I saw the release video for the T/A back in October, I knew that the T/A was the car. I have to say Dodge really got it right with this one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Nice choice on the 392 (6.4L) motor. You're going to love rowing the gears with 485hp on tap. Your kids will love it, too. LOL. The orange and black combo looks really nice. I kind of like the Destroyer Gray T/A. I've always loved gray tones. Enjoy it this summer. I predict you're going to have sore jaws from smiling all the time. ;)

2017-Dodge-Challenger-TA-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

subtle-ta.jpg

00GT&03L

MOTOR CITY
Established Member
Very nice car, I agree that these new Mopars are a great solution to sharing the hobby with young kids. I am going to have a blast this summer at the Woodward Dream Cruise with my 2.5 year old son in our Hellcat. The Mach 1 just can't fit the car seat he is in. Congrats

DaBigBone

Established Member
Congrats! I've been wanting something similar for a cruiser for quite some time now

boomstick33

Established Member
Congratulations! Nice choice on the 392 (6.4L) motor. You're going to love rowing the gears with 485hp on tap. Your kids will love it, too. LOL. The orange and black combo looks really nice. I kind of like the Destroyer Gray T/A. I've always loved gray tones. Enjoy it this summer. I predict you're going to have sore jaws from smiling all the time. ;)

first thing my 4 y/o daughter said on the ride home was "go fast daddy!" :) the Destroyer Gray is cool looking, the black & gray tones go well.

boomstick33

Established Member
Very nice car, I agree that these new Mopars are a great solution to sharing the hobby with young kids. I am going to have a blast this summer at the Woodward Dream Cruise with my 2.5 year old son in our Hellcat. The Mach 1 just can't fit the car seat he is in. Congrats

that was the thing, I have two baby seats & I want my son & daughter to be involved in the hobby & the Challenger is really the best option comfort/room wise.

Congrats! I've been wanting something similar for a cruiser for quite some time now

You can't go wrong with one of the Challengers. I mean, they're not a track car if you plan on wanting to drive it on the track like a Boss 302 or Shelby GT350, but for comfort & room plus room for baby seats, they really can't be beat.

Users who are viewing this thread