My 5.0 coyote bolted on vs 03 bolton cobra and 02 ss h/c/i

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
im a little confused because ive always thought a h/c ls1 (especially if equipped with an ms4 cam) was plenty to walk away from a bolt on 5.0 , guess not.
and a pullied cobra losing to bolt on 5.0? these results dont make sense to me bit oh well, good runs : )

makes sense to me, do it all the time in my auto, termi with stock s/c equals beat by a bolt on and tuned coyote, even with a kenne bell from a dig the termi can lose got the t-shirt for that one.:poke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlf6QWK8l0o

Last edited:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I welcome the opportunity for a bolt on 5.0 race. Got a upper pullied cobra, with full exhaust. If a kb cobra loses to a bolt 5.0 from dig, then that is due to a driver having a heart attack or engine failure. It takes a decently modified 5.0 to compete with a mildly modded Cobra....period:dancenana:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I find it funny that so many cobra and 5.0 drivers bicker back and forth trying to defend which car is faster considering that there is so much out there that will destroy both so they are if anything arguing to receive an "also ran" ribbon...

But please continue it is hilarious.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Not sure if you're referring to me or the 5.0 guy?! I don't have a dyno video, ill try to scrape up the dyno papers.

Hes definitely being sarcastic, dont worry about him lol.

Good runs OP. I can see a bolt on full exhaust GT hanging with/slightly beating a bolt on full exhaust cobra. It can go either way in my opinion.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
im a little confused because ive always thought a h/c ls1 (especially if equipped with an ms4 cam) was plenty to walk away from a bolt on 5.0 , guess not.
and a pullied cobra losing to bolt on 5.0? these results dont make sense to me bit oh well, good runs : )

I'll just leave this here...
[youtube_browser]1uO6pea6H5Q[/youtube_browser]

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
something happen to the cobra last weekend it started making a top end noise not sure whats wrong with it we are gonna tear into it after coming back from kc2k13, and dont get me wrong guys i love cobras i was actually looking for one before i bought the 5.0 but for some reason i decided to go with a 5.0 reason being i own a 93 fox and really like that car too currrently fully restoring it and planning either boosting a sbf or maybe modular swap, overall there shouldent be no hard feeling to loosing to another ford as long as we keep killing the ls power shit :beer:
and thanks for the advice guys

Ok the Cobra motor was hurt all along...now your race makes sense...

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
This was before E85 and a custom tune. I raced him with a "canned" bama tune. Also notice he had heat soak after the first run, even though the 2nd run was 15 minutes after the first. Had we ran a 3rd time, I would have put a car or more on him. We are getting a rematch soon now that I am on E85 with a custom tune.
Oh okay, well your car seems to run pretty strong. Nice car man!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I'll just leave this here...
[youtube_browser]1uO6pea6H5Q[/youtube_browser]
No fair, you are running E85 and his Cobra is a vert. He should've easily beaten you by at least two cars :lol1:

Good runs! Looks like the E85 really did make a difference.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure if you're referring to me or the 5.0 guy?! I don't have a dyno video, ill try to scrape up the dyno papers.

I was talking to the OP is all being a little sarcastic, I dont dyno graph race lol get that power to the pavement and smash through the gears pullied Terminator will beat a bolt on 5.0......

with the proper driver mod and tires

* stirs the pot and stands back

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
something happen to the cobra last weekend it started making a top end noise not sure whats wrong with it we are gonna tear into it after coming back from kc2k13, and dont get me wrong guys i love cobras i was actually looking for one before i bought the 5.0 but for some reason i decided to go with a 5.0 reason being i own a 93 fox and really like that car too currrently fully restoring it and planning either boosting a sbf or maybe modular swap, overall there shouldent be no hard feeling to loosing to another ford as long as we keep killing the ls power shit :beer:
and thanks for the advice guys

I figured something was wrong after putting down only 430 with pulley and headers:shrug:

Established Member
I figured something was wrong after putting down only 430 with pulley and headers:shrug:

the 430 that whe were told was before headers my buddy put the slp ceramic coated 1 7/8 with mid pipe but it never got a retuned

what are you guys trapping with bolted on 5.0 in the queater and also on the bolted on cobras?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
the 430 that whe were told was before headers my buddy put the slp ceramic coated 1 7/8 with mid pipe but it never got a retuned

what are you guys trapping with bolted on 5.0 in the queater and also on the bolted on cobras?

Bolt on Coyotes like mine are good for 120-121mph in the 1/4 with a good driver, average driver is in the 119mph range.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Bolt on cobras typically trap in the low 120s on average. The ported guys are trapping anywhere from 125-130. Sounds to me that the 5.0s and Cobras match up pretty good in stock trim and modded. Maybe ill run into a 5.0 one of these days, I always see them out but Im always in the wrong car.

Established Member
best trap speed i got this weekend was a 114 and didnt really get any practice we got rained out in wichita, it was really humid too my buddys cobra the one that broke best mph we seen was a 116 out of it in a cold ass day
also go the car on a dyno jet this weekend for the kc2k13 event and it put down 415whp with 40% humidity on a 91 tune, and got too beat on some 5.0's and vortech f-body and got some recognition from stage9! in KC

so it was a good weekend :rockon:

stage9picofsubzero_zps23a74c16.jpg

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
On a 90 degree day and overall terrible weather I was running 112 consistently with just O/R x pipe and nothing else. I've only been to the track once so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread