My 69' Camaro Dart 555ci Big Block Street Car Project!!! Pics & Video!

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
So I've been working on a 69' Camaro project that I took over after my Father passed away a few years ago. The project was first started in 2003 where it began life as nothing more than a frame. The donor camaro was torn down and built from the ground up, this includes all electrical and every bolt on the vehicle.

The car has been sitting for a few years after my Dad passed as I never had the time nor motivation to work on it, until the end of last year. When he passed he never even heard the car start up (besides when the motor was on the dyno). The car still needed the entire wiring installed, all bolts tightened, driveshaft, shifter, all fluids, brakes bled, intrumentation, interior, and all the little things you would never expect to do although take hours upon hours to complete. I finally got the car started for the first time ever and am finally to the point I can "safely" drive around the block! Hope you guys appreciate this beast as it ws built to be a Street/Show/Strip Car with the Air Conditioning blowing with 2 more friends in the back seat!

A quick rundown of modifications:

555ci Dart Block
Callies Crank
Oliver Rods
ARP Hardware Everywhere
ATI Balancer
Stefs Pan
AFR Fully Ported 335's
.680" lift Custom Reed Cam
Redline Lifters
Smoothed Edelbrock Intake (by Wilson Manifolds)
Holley 1050 Dominator
Hooker Super Comp 2-1/8" Headers (Jet Hot Coated)
3-1/2" X-Pipe reduced to 3" to the Ultra Flow Mufflers Dumped
Full MSD Ignition & Alternator
Ron Davis Custom Rad & Fan Setup - (2) 16" Fans!
Vintage Air Heat and Air Conditioning Setup
Flaming River Manual Steering
Wilwood 4 Wheel Manual Disk Brakes
Art Carr Turbo 400 (Good for 1000hp)
Art Carr 4,500 Stall Torque Converter
PST Steel Driveshaft
Strange Dana 60 Rear w/ 35 Spline Axles and 5/8 Studs. 3:55 gears
DSE Mini Tubbed
DSE "Through the Floor" Subframe Connectors
10 PT Custom Roll Cage with Swingouts
Fully Wired per Mark @ MadElectrical.com! (This man is a genious on auto electrical!)
Aluminum Fuel Cell
Battery in Trunk
And a ton of other stuff that cost too much money

Enjoy!!

[youtube_browser]DZLf9Jr_e2s&feature=g-upl[/youtube_browser]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Last edited:

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
damn man,,thats a sweet ride,,love the wheels,,hate to hear about your dad man

Thanks for the kind words!!! My goal is once I get it street friendly, a trip to his grave is the first thing in order! :beer: I love the guy and would do anything for him and hope he is looking down or better yet, in the passenger seat holding on for dear life!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
GREAT car!! :rockon:

Love the plate too!! :lol1:

Sorry for the loss of your Father. Cool to know he will live on through the car though. Best of luck in completing the project.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the kind words!!! My goal is once I get it street friendly, a trip to his grave is the first thing in order! :beer: I love the guy and would do anything for him and hope he is looking down or better yet, in the passenger seat holding on for dear life!

What wonderful words, and such a great plan. I would bet a more grateful dad could not be found. Or a more grateful son. So sorry to hear of his passing, but his memory lives on in your heart. Your Camaro is really coming along nicely. I love the hounds-tooth seats. I have no doubt your Camaro will come out awesome.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Sweet.

1 piece of advice.
QTPs on the rear with mono leaf and radials up front can get a little hairy on the top end.

Been there done that. Was a 66 nova not camaro but should be about the same weight wise with the big block up front.

It was worse when I let off and the weight came back down on the front.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Looks great, your Dad would be proud. I hope to see it cruising around Bucks Co. soon.

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Matt, sorry to hear about your father, it's great that you are finishing this project in his dedication! The car looks and sounds incredible, hope all is well its been way too long! Glad to see you've still got the '91 as well!

Users who are viewing this thread