My APTEN RESULTS!!!!! Strong!!!!!

CS 1

Hey everyone, ok where do I start.... I had my apten put on Friday at LaMottas. We did a base dyno (the day was cool but very humid) and the base was 435 HP and 451 TQ. We then swapped ONLY the Apten and three hours later dynod the car.

The APTEN numbers were as follows..... 475 HP and 485 TQ.
40HP and 35 lbs of TQ !!!!! By the way that is with stock H-Pipe. This thing rocks now. I am soo happy I did it. Any of you on the fence need to jump off on the Apten side now! The car drives soooo damn smooth now and you can hear the blower a lot more also. Also things happen quicker I noticed. You have to be more concious of your shifting now--it happens faster.

TRACK RESULTS::

Ran today --only one pass at Orlando Speedworld on Nitto DR's. They were having this Fun day deal and there MASSIVE amounts of cars there. Here is what I ran.

R/T .674
60 ft 1.74
330 4.85
1/8 7.428
mph 96.63
1000 9.64
1/4 ******11.491
MPH *** 121.83 ****I hit the rev limiter TWICE! The car literally droped the nose twice __-I know that has to be worth something--I don't know atleast a tenth if not two and atleast a mph. I mean it literally cut off twice--noticeable enough for me to think I had a bad run.

My buddy John who has a slipping posi unit (same redfire cobra with basically same set up but NO APTEN, full exhaust and ET streets ran an 11.531 at *****holy crap 123.45 MPH!!!!!!!!!!
His acr ahas already gone 11.49 .

Needless to say we were greeted at the end of the track with a nice smile and a boot in the ass for not having roll bar and fire jacket.

I personally want to thank Brian at Apten. Once in a while you find someone that tells it like it is.. This is rare these days. The car picked up big ***Hey Brian --do I qualify for being a team Apten guy yet?? LOL. I know the car will go faster---the computer is still learning the add on so it will only get faster. And IF I can drive it better and not hit the rev limiter---I know she has 11.2's in her--I just know it. As always--please continue to say prayers for my halfshafts!! Thanks guys---oh thank you also MAJOR to everyone at LaMottas. They sponsored the NO BULL runs today and they are great people that no thier crap on these 03's. Thanks everyone!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Those are GREAT results. The Apten puts 500 hp in sight for the guys who don't want to go KB/Works/Procharger. :thumbsup:

Brad

Banned
My eaton is stock other than the pulley and I'm making 483RWHP. So if I send my blower out they use their own pulley and chip correct?

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Im kind of out of the loop here? What is the apten? Is it a port job? or a new blower? what what what?

CS 1

Originally posted by 03torchvert
Where is LaMottas at and have a website for them?

Hey Torchvert. Man if you can make the drive---it's wort it. LaMottas is in Orlando on 17-92 ans basically 434. They are great tuners and Jake the owner is very fair. The phone number is 407-695-4549 and tell him Big Chris sent you. It will probably help. Don't know about the website--I think they are getting it done, But either way call them--they have cars form all over the country that are sent thier to get things done right! Usually after other shops have done things very wrong. Thanks Chris

CS 1

Originally posted by Brad
My eaton is stock other than the pulley and I'm making 483RWHP. So if I send my blower out they use their own pulley and chip correct?

Hi Brad. You can look at Apten's site www.apten-us.com. And that shoul dprobably answer any and all questions. Hope that helps.

Hey just out of curiosity I mean I would think many others have asked this---you have made 483 HP with NO TUNE? NO EXHAUST? NO CAI? Don't take that the wrong way but that is EXTREMELY hard to believe. Anyways I'm sure you've been asked that before so sorry if I have missed the replies. Later. Chris

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by REDFIRE1
Hi Brad. You can look at Apten's site www.apten-us.com. And that shoul dprobably answer any and all questions. Hope that helps.

Hey just out of curiosity I mean I would think many others have asked this---you have made 483 HP with NO TUNE? NO EXHAUST? NO CAI? Don't take that the wrong way but that is EXTREMELY hard to believe. Anyways I'm sure you've been asked that before so sorry if I have missed the replies. Later. Chris

His Eaton is stock meaning no port job. He has many other mods on the car though.

CS 1

He guys also wanted to add --the day we dynod it was very humid--I had previously dynod on a better day (better air) and my numbers were 450 and 471 tq. Same exact Dyno. that was also before the Apten. So I'm wondering if I dyno on a good air day that I may be atleast 490 on HP and maybe the magical 500 on the TQ. Ok let me dream atleast.

So I'm wondering what a good air day would produce on the dyno.. Not a bid Dyno queen like a lot of people, but just wanted everyone to know--the whole subject of the correction deal with dynos--in my opinion is crap. In my opinion----a good air day --correction or not will produce much better results on our cars. Maybe not so much on non aspirated cars--but as we know the Cobras love the good air. Just my .02. Chris

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
nice times. too bad i missed funday sunday today... i heard the track was acually PREPPED for once! :eek:

Jay@Lamotta

Established Member
Yeah the track was all there. I haven't seen a car on the bumper 300 ft out @ OSW till today. I guess I just can't win, three times to the track two broken halfshafts...WTF:shrug:

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
REDFIRE1,
I agree the ported blower is the real deal :beer: How much do you think you picked up at the track compared to your stock eaton? What was your previous best time and mph with a similar 60ft.times like yours today was?

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by REDFIRE1

As said I have a bunch of mods, just a stock eaton with a pulley.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Nice times...if you can drive better the ET will drop and the MPH will come up.

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
congradulations bro!!! great dyno #'s and great track time!! major props to brian for coming out with such a great product for us!! :beer:

kpinco

Established Member
Awesome results! We should get our S/Cs back this week from Apten! We will be going to the dyno in a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread