My buddies GT is unbeaten in my town!

TRXboy

Established Member
Yes but the STI Shift's 4 times to the GT's 1 time., that .2 diff could be be amde up very well in the shifting department.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
a 600awhp STI with a great launch should have taken the GT. the GT wouldnt be able to catch up till WELL after 1/4 mile is over

And your basing this on what again? :bash: It's not like they raced from a 100+mph roll, saying the GT can't pass it in 1/4 mile run is beyond me. :loser:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
lets get them to race from dig.

Evident from the times i seen in the magazines. doing mid high 11's at 126-128. traps good for low low 11's high 10's but its not doing it.

Stop reading magazines and start watching the video posted on this thread. I also find it funny you fail to mention the 11.2@131 quickest posted time, as if a sub 3400pound, 550+hp mid-engine car is incapable of doing it. Obvious your not a fan of Ford, quit spewing your :bs: everywhere.

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
Stop reading magazines and start watching the video posted on this thread. I also find it funny you fail to mention the 11.2@131 quickest posted time, as if a sub 3400pound, 550+hp mid-engine car is incapable of doing it. Obvious your not a fan of Ford, quit spewing your everywhere

obviously your not a ford fan.... and me spittin bullshit? i run on the facts man. dont be saying your bullshit to me. i'm a fan of all cars quick... thts why i'm here. i'm just not biased when comparing cars as most sites are.. and i expect that.. its a ford site and ford love in here. i go by numbers and my experience in all cars

GT is 3450 curb plus 150 lb driver thats 3600 race weight.... 131 seems about ALL it could get if that. i would say more like 128 cuz 500-550rwhp Ls1 3600-3700lb fbodys are gettin 128-131 so that seems about right.. and with 3.36 gears, its not gonna be well into its power band of 6500rpm peak power running thru the 1/4. so with gears definately a mph increase more than likely to 130+ or so, i would think, but as is, i dont know about 131mph. that same mag that got that time couldnt reproduce it. they did 124 and 127 before. i just wanna see repeatability from the times. i havent seen GT's doing any better 128 but again, i really havent been looking except for this site.

And your basing this on what again? It's not like they raced from a 100+mph roll, saying the GT can't pass it in 1/4 mile run is beyond me.

hmm lets see. i'll give you some back ground on who i am... i've been on wrxfanatics.com for alittle while now.. i have WRX/STI friends. i'm on stangnet, ls1tech, honda-tech, alot other fbody sites, digitalcorvettes, etc etc. i'm a car enthusiast and have a good idea what it a car will run. i seen it and i dont spit bullshit.

doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that 600awhp 3400lb race weight AWD STI will rip a 3600+lb race weight 635rwhhp (mustang dyno so dyno jet might be 675-700?? anyone confirm this?) GT from a dig. the STI wont be making alot of low end torque and power cuz the GT35R kit is really high end. but with the proper launch,with a good driver, from dig, the AWD will get out to early lead. they cut 1.6 60 foot times at the strip on street tires! what 600+ rwhp car can do that on street tires???GT sure as hell cant cuz mid high 11's at 130mph is a HORRIBLE ET for that trap. STI short gearing with quick shifting provides quick acceleration
i seen 400-500awhp evo's and wRx's rip all other rwd cars from a dig and those cars had more power. AWD owns the streets. OK maybe not leading till after the 1/4. maybe just the eighth mile, but STILL you gotta respect that STI and give it more credit. the race in the vid was short and the STI driver didnt stay in throttle very long. from a dig, street tire to street tire, you all will be surprised how fast that STI will go provided good shifting. that car is more than capable of 128mph traps depending on weather/driver/etc. that GT is more like middle upper 130's but from a dig, it'll get surprised

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
To answer your repeatability question. Obviously since you hang here you have a grasp on the blown mod mill. You would know that in different conditions and climates as well as elevation you will see substantialy different test numbers. That coupled with different drivers and test track conditons will give different numbers. The car has been 130+ on more than one occasion. With the power to weight it has its not an impossibility. Also the gearing. You said the final drive gear is 3.36 but im unsure of the tranny gearing which can play just a big a role as final.

Like I said different things give different numbers. Or did you think they tested at the same elevation , track , driver, car every test?

Excuse any gramatical errors. Ive had a couple nattys. :beer:

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
well i do understand alot of factors effect times... i'm around the dragstrip to realize this and learning abit every year. just that motortrend did 3 tests with the GT and i would figure they do their testing at a similar track. i'm not sure how they conduct there tests tho. it would make sense that they would test at a local place. but i guess they didnt.

You said the final drive gear is 3.36 but im unsure of the tranny gearing which can play just a big a role as final.

the 6 speed tranny in there has gear ratios that are slighly taller than the T56 vipers/corvettes.

1 - 2.61
2 - 1.71
3 - 1.23
4 - 0.94
5 - 0.77
6 - 0.63

those ratios are just abit taller geared than the Z06 and Viper. this car with deeper gears will be very impressive. those gears in that trans probly would be a ok combo for my 4500rpm peak TPI L98. LOL let alone a GT 6500rpm monster. thats why i said the 3.36 gear in that car isnt quite optimal at all but also partially why it goes 200+ mph.

T56 Z06/viper is 2.66, 1.78, 1.30, 1.00, 0.74, 0.50

these trannies got deeper 1-4 gears but taller 5th and 6th. .50 6th gives great gas mileage but wont pull above 200mph... its too tall to overcome the drag forces unless you got serious power. GT's 5-6 are closer ratio overdrives and should make for a great top end

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
oh cool, i thought they just got the cars after requesting to test them and ran them at a local area track, etc...

JMD0346

Established Member
They do with some cars. Not $200000 super cars. Alot of times there are several different mags there to test the same cars. If youve ever noticed alot of the big mags will come out with the smae test all at the same time. They certainly didnt send them all a brand new or slightly used Ford GT to beat on.

satx

Banned
Orr89rocz said:
GT is 3450 curb plus 150 lb driver thats 3600 race weight.... 131 seems about ALL it could get if that. i would say more like 128 cuz 500-550rwhp Ls1 3600-3700lb fbodys are gettin 128-131 so that seems about right.. and with 3.36 gears, its not gonna be well into its power band of 6500rpm peak power running thru the 1/4. so with gears definately a mph increase more than likely to 130+ or so, i would think, but as is, i dont know about 131mph. that same mag that got that time couldnt reproduce it. they did 124 and 127 before. i just wanna see repeatability from the times. i havent seen GT's doing any better 128 but again, i really havent been looking except for this site.

by the way most GTs dyno 530-560 rwhp so if a 3600-3700 raceweight f-body with less rwhp is getting that trap why doubt the GT with more power?

And also the GT is not out of it's powerband in the 1/4, it runs through the traps in third.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
i seen 535 rwhp so far from GT stock.

anyway, from fords website they say the tires are 315/40/19's which means thats a 28.9 inch tall tire. with 3.36 gears, and that sized tire, your looking at not optimal acceleration. i'm surprised the car is as quick as it is with those wheels and gears. that car is BEGGIN for some 4.30's. fbodys' that were trappin near 130 had 26 inch tall tires and geared right with 3.73's and 4.10's. you should be or suppose to be trappin the 1/4 in your 1 to 1 gear, in this case the GT's 4th gear which is .94 to 1. with that sized tire and gear, and 6500rpm power, its no wonder its in 3rd thru the traps!! with 28.9inch tire, 3rd gear makes this car similar to a TH350 chevy trans with 4.13 gearing. so it doesnt seem all that bad but i think it could use more gear. this is the only reason why i kinda didnt think the GT is capable of more than 128 in stock form. i mean first gear goes to like 65mph... precious ET's could be saved. jeez, i cant wait to see what it will do with the proper gears and tires. this is more than likely a mid 10 second car with tires/gears. not bad from the factory.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
The car can pull with the salt flat gearing because of how flat the powerband is. Same as a Viper having the same gearing as an F-Body but being able to pull it with only a 3.07 rear gear because it doesnt rev as high and has a flat asss power band

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
Same as a Viper having the same gearing as an F-Body but being able to pull it with only a 3.07 rear gear because it doesnt rev as high and has a flat asss power band

true... but viper pulls Fbody cuz it has 150hp more and is abit lighter lol

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i must say, its awesome to finally see some one with enough balls to load up the guns on the mild GT engine, its begging for more from the factory.

ok, ok, we all know an AWD car will pull it on the start line. frankly, that should be common sense. but either way that GT is still gonna beat that lil ol' STi. and can we stop being stupid and just judging an engine by its max HP/TQ, those dont mean jack when your talking about table top power curves like the GT has.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Speeds8erM-1 said:
The car can pull with the salt flat gearing because of how flat the powerband is. Same as a Viper having the same gearing as an F-Body but being able to pull it with only a 3.07 rear gear because it doesnt rev as high and has a flat asss power band

Exactly, the C6 z06 has REALLY tall gearing as well, (1st gear to 60mph). Both the GT motor and LS7 have really linear powerbands.

TRXboy

Established Member
fastkars.com said:
Exactly, the C6 z06 has REALLY tall gearing as well, (1st gear to 60mph). Both the GT motor and LS7 have really linear powerbands.

Isnt the gearing in the ZO6 the same as a standard C6? I though the added speed threw the gears was because of the raised red line.

MIKEC501

Established Member
you guy's dont live to far from me bring the gt doun here and i can set you up a few race's with some friends of mine for a few $$$$.

Users who are viewing this thread