My car is here and im pissed

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
That is wierd, because I thought someone at SVT was supposed to drive each SVT and put it through its paces. I remember a thread with the Lightnings where they said the avg Lightning came off the truck with between 25 and 40 miles on them for that reason.

Hulk

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
That is wierd, because I thought someone at SVT was supposed to drive each SVT and put it through its paces. I remember a thread with the Lightnings where they said the avg Lightning came off the truck with between 25 and 40 miles on them for that reason.

Hulk
Apparently not with the new Cobras. Mine hit the dealership with 3.7 miles and I saw another with 3.3. There is a quality control function where they randomly pick cars for QC test drives. They come with an explanation sticker and between 25-35 miles. Glad mine didn't get QC'd :-D

my03svtcobra

Established Member
ordered mine 3-23-02 still waiting butt......
holman has three in stock and they told me when they come in i can take one out for a ride.
and let me tell you i had wood till i gave it back and that just made the wait even harder .
but i dont get it did you pick up the car ?
and im not doing no paper work till i drive that bitch!!!
sd

92LX5.0

Established Member
The car is still there, I told them to give me a couple days. Im trying to find quick insurance for under 3,600 (thats my quote from my current policy). btw the car already has almost 18 miles on it. anyway, i didnt call today. im gonna call tomorrow and talk to the gm or owner. insurance doesnt even matter actually. if i really like and want something, i dont mind. bt no test drive? sounds half retarded to me.

Last edited:

my03svtcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 92LX5.0
The car is still there, I told them to give me a couple days. Im trying to find quick insurance for under 3,600 (thats my quote from my current policy). btw the car already has almost 18 miles on it. anyway, i didnt call today. im gonna call tomorrow and talk to the gm or owner. insurance doesnt even matter actually. if i really like and want something, i dont mind. bt no test drive? sounds half retarded to me.
just got quote from allstate ins.co 699.00 6 month
what part nj you live ?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by FordSVTFan

Hulk

Adam my L. only had 12 miles on it when I bought it. :shrug:

IDAREU

Banned
Saturn has a great policy regarding driving the car you buy.
If you buy a new Saturn you can drive it for 1 Month or 1500 miles and if you are not satisfied for any reason you have the right to return it no questions asked for a complete refund.
I wish Ford offered this warranty, especially when you hear of the vibe problem.

92LX5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by my03svtcobra

just got quote from allstate ins.co 699.00 6 month
what part nj you live ?

1,400 a year?? damn, you must be married and
all that other good stuff. i dropped allstate because
i thought they were too high. i'll call them
tomorrow anyway. im from oldbridge btw..... Mike

anteros511

Established Member
I pretty much had the same situation. I ordered the car on 4/16 put a $500 deposit. Went to see it the day it arrived 6/24. I did however get a chance to test drive it first before I signed the deal- I pulled it up about 10 feet for my friend to take a picture then backed it into it's spot.... LOL Picked it up 6/28 dropped another $8300 down, signed the papers, then I got to drive it for real!

Users who are viewing this thread