my CPE big single pics!

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
That sucks Dubs.
I guess thats why they call them mod motors. :burn:
I expect mine to blow any day.
Just makes you feel all warm inside knowing if you wanna push the limits. Your gonna pay for it one way or the other.

JP :coolman:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
postban, please quote james post on modfords over here so I can respond. His post is 100% accurate. The water pump pulley was lose and came off the night before the dyno. We got a tow truck and towed it to the shop and put it back on. The car did overheat the night before. Then on the dyno everything was fine. The a/f never got above 12.2 MAX, mostly in the low 11 range. Then when the car was driven the next day, the motor just lost compression/oil.

Noone is to blame and it surely isnt james fault. He has done the biggest favor anyone could ask and by no means is the blame on him. The reason why nothing was posted was because we dont know what happened 100%. Eric Brooks and the aholes on modfords like to sturr shit up and get people to make stupid posts. If I knew what was wrong, wed say. All we know is the water pump pulley was loose and caused the car to over heat. Then james tuned it possibly on a weak motor to begin with, and the next day it lost some compression.

Thats all we know as of now. the motor HAS NOT BEEN PULLED yet so we cant say its just the rings but initial evidence would point to that. We will see when the motor does come out but we dont know what happened...

post this over there on the drama site. The car lost a bit of compression, the motor did not BLOW up.

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Here is the updated post from James @ RWTD on Modfords....

I'm NOT going to be blamed for anything, period, so if anyone insinuates anything about me then they are barking up the wrong tree. I'm only stating any of this because I am not going to get dragged into the middle of something that is not any fault of mine. I'm also not blaming anyone else here, not Paolo, nor Eric. Whatever caused this was something that was beyond my control, and quite possibly beyond their's.

1: The car overheated the day before I got there. Eric himself told me that it did on Saturday, while he was driving it around. It was being driven around trying to get all the 3 month old gas burned out of it, that I had asked them to drain out. He told me some "thing" fell off and pointed to it, which I told him a water pump pulley, and he said, "That would explain why it overheated last night!" Paolo even stated that Eric called him saying it was overheating. They had to get a tow truck to bring it to the shop.

2: I was asked to change the plugs in the car when I got there, which were all finger tight (didn't even take a ratchet to break them loose). After taking out all the TR6's, I found that the BR7's purchased were the incorrect part #, and wouldn't fit. I had to put back in all the TR6 plugs, but I did so after checking the gap with a feeler gauge myself.

3: Before any dyno pulls were ever made the oil level was checked. Paolo poured not 1 quart in the car, but 2 quarts! That's basically 33% of its capacity, or at least close to it. This past Monday, when I brought this up to Paolo, he told me on the phone that it lost that oil somehow in between his shop and the dyno shop (before the dyno tuning took place, obviously). So I assume this happened while Eric was driving it around and when it overheated.

4: The LM1 in the car never read over 12.0 above 3k rpms, even on the last pull we did at 12 psi, when the car made 563 rwhp. I tend to trust this meter before I do the one on that dyno, which has had tons of high horsepower leaded fuel burning Supras on it. IAT1 & IAT2 were also super low (much less than a supercharged Cobra), and pump duty cycle was never max. ECT was slightly higher than what I would like (around 210 to 215 just idling, even with the high speed fan on).

5: I told Eric the car wasn't finished the day I left there, and there still needed to be drivability Closed Loop tuning done on it (since we were pressed for time Sunday, and they wanted #'s, I did Open Loop tuning first, which is definitely something I never do).

6: On Monday, Eric asked Paolo to drive the car from the dyno shop to his shop (Paolo's; I believe this is correct). Paolo and Eric both admit that Paolo was to only drive the car straight back, and not get into boost. Paolo has been totally honest and stated that he drove the car elsewhere, as he had to run an errand of some sorts, and on the way to the one place he did a quick 2nd gear pull and got into boost. He said that he got to his point of destination, did what he needed to do, and then got back in the car, it cranked as normal, and then proceeded on to his shop. Paolo told me that on the way to his shop the car blew up just cruising along.

7: Paolo talks to me Monday about all this, and we go over it all. Paolo told me that he offered to Eric that he would pull the engine out himself, and mentioned Eddie (Venmousracer) knows someone there that could rebuild it for around $1500. I then talk to Eric after talking to Paolo. Eric tells me that Paolo told him he would pay to rebuild it, but I may have mistook Eric here.

All in all, this car was somewhat unprepared (plugs needing to be changed, and the inlet tubing came off the MAF 2 times during the dyno pulls), and it is obvious there was something problematic with the car (overheated, and low oil) before I ever arrived at the dyno shop on Sunday.

Paolo did a fantastic job on the turbo system, and it was designed and put together perfectly. I am NOT blaming Paolo for anything, and I certainly am not blaming Eric Jones for anything. I'm just stating the facts of what happened while I was there.

Going on, I never charged anyone a dime to tune this car, and even told them such before I left from Chicago. I told them that I realized this was a big project, that I was happy for them, and that I wanted to help them see it through. I only asked that my trip fees to be paid, which Eric agreed to all along, and is kindly doing. I even told them that I would come right back on up and do it again for free. I even offered my own personally shop for free. Eric was always gracious about my offers, and still is kind and friendly to me even as of today.

I'll leave it at this.

Kind Regards...

Jpjr

Established Member
"6: On Monday, Eric asked Paolo to drive the car from the dyno shop to his shop (Paolo's; I believe this is correct). Paolo and Eric both admit that Paolo was to only drive the car straight back, and not get into boost. Paolo has been totally honest and stated that he drove the car elsewhere, as he had to run an errand of some sorts, and on the way to the one place he did a quick 2nd gear pull and got into boost. He said that he got to his point of destination, did what he needed to do, and then got back in the car, it cranked as normal, and then proceeded on to his shop. Paolo told me that on the way to his shop the car blew up just cruising along."

:nono:

SVTdubs

Established Member
he is totally right on there. As far as EB posting its not his doing, there are 3 people that knew about this. Me, Paolo and James. Im assuming paolo or james talked to jerry and jerry talked to Eric brooks. That doesnt matter, a guy gets on modfords with FOUR posts and posts that my motor is blown up. Thats the drama right there. Im betting EB is that ahole or EB told someone to post that or continued the rumor. EB definately didnt keep his mouth shut as he promised as he told elissa, blowncobragirl. Its just such drama over there I just wish I could clarify but I didnt want anything to do with that site anymore but I didnt know that it would kill paolo in such a way. Its not his fault, his turbo system is still amazing and for all the people that say take your time, its you who is also like, lets see it done, lets see the numbers.

Im just going to get the car done and tear shit up on the street. This internet shit is all bullshit, who cares what other people think of you who dont even know you and you will never meet? If the internet catostrophically goes down, it seems like a few including Eric Brooks would lose their lives and not know what to do...sad lives

and as far as jon lund getting on and bashing me, I have nothing to say to that. Ive never talked bad about him and he has been nothing but help for me so I guess Ill just swallow that one I guess.

Last edited:

mm49

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
he is totally right on there. As far as EB posting its not his doing, there are 3 people that knew about this. Me, Paolo and James. Im assuming paolo or james talked to jerry and jerry talked to Eric brooks. That doesnt matter, a guy gets on modfords with FOUR posts and posts that my motor is blown up. Thats the drama right there. Im betting EB is that ahole or EB told someone to post that or continued the rumor. EB definately didnt keep his mouth shut as he promised as he told elissa, blowncobragirl. Its just such drama over there I just wish I could clarify but I didnt want anything to do with that site anymore but I didnt know that it would kill paolo in such a way. Its not his fault, his turbo system is still amazing and for all the people that say take your time, its you who is also like, lets see it done, lets see the numbers.

Im just going to get the car done and tear shit up on the street. This internet shit is all bullshit, who cares what other people think of you who dont even know you and you will never meet? If the internet catostrophically goes down, it seems like a few including Eric Brooks would lose their lives and not know what to do...sad lives

Spoken from the mouth of a babe............3500+ post and you don't live on the Forums ??....You guys all need to have a group meeting to get the story lined out. It has been embleished so much over the past 24 hours you don't know who to point the finger at.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
for all the people that say take your time, its you who is also like, lets see it done, lets see the numbers.

Eric, please don't take this personally. I have nothing against you at all, but I just want to bring this point up....

YOU are the one who created all the hype about the CPE turbo system. We have been hearing for 3+ months now about soon this, soon that, and so on and so forth. If there wasn't so much hype generated, there wouldn't have been people climbing down your back to see the results of Paulo's efforts. With the money we invest in these cars, the owner needs to be responsible and make sure everything is perfect before turning up the wick.

Seriously, good luck on getting your car fixed!

Last edited:

SVTdubs

Established Member
not me, I just showed pics. I never promised a number or time frame.. I said what they thought about numbers and dates but I never said anything. "the mexican" is the guy who created all the hype and we all know that.

Eric Brooks, thanks for the good last post. We will end on those terms as I know you read this over here also. Its too bad you couldnt call me to discuss this before giving me the boot as I can not clarify what really happened on the board with all the drama.

Id like to apologize about saying the stuff I did, I was caught up in the heat of the moment.. take care

SVTdubs

Established Member
no problem. If you called I was going to trade you straight up and explain how much the motor costs. Basically youd have a turbo car with a stroked built motor for about $5k which is awesome.. oh yeah and 1000rwhp! let me know if you are interested... offer still stands

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Your message box is full..

I'll keep it in mind, but I'm really in the market for a 6-speed coupe. I've got a fox vert, so a second vert is not first choice right now.

-jimmy

jpicc

Established Member
badcobra said:
Eric, please don't take this personally. I have nothing against you at all, but I just want to bring this point up....

YOU are the one who created all the hype about the CPE turbo system. We have been hearing for 3+ months now about soon this, soon that, and so on and so forth. If there wasn't so much hype generated, there wouldn't have been people climbing down your back to see the results of Paulo's efforts. With the money we invest in these cars, the owner needs to be responsible and make sure everything is perfect before turning up the wick.

Seriously, good luck on getting your car fixed!

Well said.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
Im betting EB is that ahole or EB told someone to post that or continued the rumor.

One of his favorite games. Backstabbing is his 2nd favorite game.
I remember way back when Eric had a picture of RWTD holding his marriage certificate with his life partner, and while laughing about it, he tried to get me to post it on Modfraud's.

EB definately didnt keep his mouth shut as he promised as he told elissa, blowncobragirl.

That cow has been pulling his puppet strings from the beginning.

Screamn03

Snake In The Weeds
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
not me, I just showed pics. I never promised a number or time frame..
That's bullshit :bs: and you know it. You had something in your sig for the longest time stating "Numbers Dec6" or "Dyno Date Dec6" or something along those lines, then at a later date changed it up to Jan and then removed it all together. Was it an actual promise, no, but none the less it builds hype.

You wanted me to post the pics I resized for you yesterday on ModFords in a new thread called "NEW CPE PICS!!!!". Why? They are just pics of your car at the dyno at SP and pics of your Lex, couldn't they have just gone into your dyno thread? What was actually new about it in regards to CPE and their single turbo system? Or did you just want free picture hosting?

SVTDubs said:
Im just going to get the car done and tear shit up on the street.
I would stick to that plan, get the car done and then post about it afterwards. Might save alot of headaches that way because by talking about what it's going to do before you even do it builds expectations, then you feel pressure to get it done, then mistakes happen that could have been avoided. In no way does that mean lie though, alot of people swear that the motor wasn't hurt, even after Eddie posted that it was, why is there a need for that?

SVTDubs said:
This internet shit is all bullshit, who cares what other people think of you who dont even know you and you will never meet?
I would have to say you care what other people think since you didn't tell the truth. If you would have just said, "hey, shit happens, the motor is hurt, ect, ect, ect" I personally think you would have been alot better off.

BTW, it really is a shame to face another speedbump like this, sorry to see it go down this way and wish you all the luck in getting it squared away :beer: .

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I'll repost this here so Dubs can reply if he wants.

JP said:
I'm not trying to bash anyone for anything specific.
Please understand that.
What I was trying to do was inform others by asking questions that were relative to the story as it unfolded

Great job on building your first kit for the Cobra.:beerchug:
Don't think I'm blaming you.(Me speaking to CPE about his kit)
I think all involved are at fault in a small way.
I just didn't understand why things were rushed and overlooked.
The accumulation of small things lead to a terrible ending.
Not that it can't be fixed or redone even better next time around.
I was just giving people who are installing Turbos or thinking about going to a Turbo setup something to think about.
At the HP level everyone will be running there is no room for error.
From Fuel to Tuning it has to be dead nuts or we are going to see more of this type of thing happen to others.
I'm sure everyone remembers when the Whipples first came out and The first couple of cars blew engines. From the lack of supporting mods, Rushing to get big #'s, and the inexperience of dealing with the new setup.
In the future better supporting mods, kit design, and experience in tuning this specific setup will net everyone in this new evolution of turbo Cobras with piece of mind and longevity.

JP :beerchug:

SVTdubs

Established Member
i agree that its everyones fault in a small way. mostly, just bad luck.

screamin03, if there was no projected timeframe, nothing would get done. I never said we will have the car done and making 90000 hp on jan 6th, I said james was planning on coming, like a tentative thing. I hope to have the motor done and back in in 3 weeks but schedules change, you know how it goes

Screamn03

Snake In The Weeds
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
screamin03, if there was no projected timeframe, nothing would get done. I never said we will have the car done and making 90000 hp on jan 6th, I said james was planning on coming, like a tentative thing. I hope to have the motor done and back in in 3 weeks but schedules change, you know how it goes
Fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread