My dad traded in his 2010 gt....

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
Please tell me you at least tried your damnest to talk him out of buying the '10 GT in the first place.........

I dont know why anyone would even think of buying one unless they absolutely had no idea that if they waited a mere 12mo they would be getting a mustang with 25% more power.

Nice upgrade.

What is funny, when he went to the dealership he was buying a 09, he had drove my 05 and loved it.

So he went to buy his 09, and while he was there the truck showed up with the areas first '10, long story short he took the 10 home, and his was the only one around here for quite a while.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
That's what I was going to say Shady. No one had a clue that the new 5.0 engine was on the horizon when your dad bought the 2010 GT. If it was popular knowledge then, not as many 2010s would have been sold.

On a side note, I never knew the car was offered in this color scheme. I went on the "build your own" Boss on Ford's website. I learned something today.

You can get the standard Boss 302 in the base colors below:

Yellow Blaze
Performance White
Race Red
Competition Orange
Koni Blue

These base colors are Laguna Seca ONLY:

Black
Ingot Silver

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
The 2010 kinda blows. You get stuck with that fugly rear end and no super favoh to help you get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
We need more pics/vids of the '69 Mach 1!!! :coolman:

What engine/trans is in it?

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
It had a 427 with duel quads,
but he put it all back to stock,
390 4 speed.
I took a clip of him backing out of the shop last night, ill put it on u tube tonight and post a link in this thread.

SRNA

Established Member
Great move by your dad. Now he's can a Mustang he can have real fun with. Nice Mach he's got, too. I can understand why he doesn't want to get rid of it, especially if he has some history with it. Great looking car.

History like......the OP was conceived in the back seat? :banana:

Good looking cars there.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Big round of applause! Definitely an upgrade. Everytime I see someone driving a 2010 GT as just feel soooo sorry for thoses poor poor, bastards. Its like when people bought the 2000 Cobra R's (let me just say much love and respect and I bow to them when I see them so back off Im not hatin) and then about a year later the 03 Cobra came out with more horsepower and at about half the cost.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Big round of applause! Definitely an upgrade. Everytime I see someone driving a 2010 GT as just feel soooo sorry for thoses poor poor, bastards. Its like when people bought the 2000 Cobra R's (let me just say much love and respect and I bow to them when I see them so back off Im not hatin) and then about a year later the 03 Cobra came out with more horsepower and at about half the cost.

uhh im pretty sure anyone who had the money to buy a 00R has never looked back at it and regretted it, seeing they probably had the money to buy a few 03/04's when they came out as well without even denting the bank. There was what, only 300 made? Not even close to the same thing as a 03/04 Cobra, and hell, iirc the 00R's had 385hp from a n/a powerplant, so a 03/04 Cobra has 5 more hp from a supercharged plant. Seeing the 00R is meant for actual road racing, guess which id rather have when beating on it during a road-course event.......the NA powerplant. Why? Seen far too many forced induction cars have overheating issues during roadcourse events. Heatsoak is a bitch.

Plus IIRC the 00R's never depreciated........

Users who are viewing this thread