My delivery truck

White95

HANO Motorsports
Established Member
Seems quicker with the new airbox setup.

Will find out this evening.

IMG_2500.jpeg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That radiator cover gets rid of the hood seal though. Id want to keep the hood seal so that when air is diverted from the grille opening up into the inlet feed it does not go back under the hood.

Unless im missing the seal that Cobb adds to the cover?

I can take a picture of mine later and circle the part im talking about. Its a raised edge that seals against the underside of the hood to act as a wall to push the air toward the inlet of the intake.

Congrats on the PB. That is amazing for a basic bolt on truck. Faster than my old Lightning with pulley, tune and drag radials.

White95

HANO Motorsports
Established Member
That radiator cover gets rid of the hood seal though. Id want to keep the hood seal so that when air is diverted from the grille opening up into the inlet feed it does not go back under the hood.

Unless im missing the seal that Cobb adds to the cover?

I can take a picture of mine later and circle the part im talking about. Its a raised edge that seals against the underside of the hood to act as a wall to push the air toward the inlet of the intake.

Congrats on the PB. That is amazing for a basic bolt on truck. Faster than my old Lightning with pulley, tune and drag radials.

You’re talking about this lip and the adjacent lip heading toward the grille next to it?

IMG_2534.jpeg

Always wanted my own Lightning but just wasn’t meant to be.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re talking about this lip and the adjacent lip heading toward the grille next to it?

View attachment 1819236

Always wanted my own Lightning but just wasn’t meant to be.
Yes, that lip seals with the hood and guides the air into the inlet opening. Id think the Cobb one would allow air to bypass and go right into the engine bay versus being diverted into the inlet opening. Id think you would want that pressure area versus reducing it.

Just an FYI, if the truck has the active grille shutters, the air inlet does not get much air until the shutters close which then diverts all of the air incoming up and into the inlet. IATs are terrible on the stock intake until flow is diverted into the inlet which from what ive seen on the SCT datalogs is around 15-20mph.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Aren't those only for the EB trucks for the intercooler?
Intercooler is in the front bumper.

This radiator closure panel w/ the sealing ridges funnels air from the two grille openings in the panel into the intake duct(which is on all engines/trucks). It has no bearing on the intercooler or lack thereof.

The OE panel has ridges built in to seal against the hood and divert the incoming air toward the scoop. The Cobb panel is flat and would allow that air to go into the engine bay versus toward the inlet scoop.

OE
8F1700_gallery_01__65484.1677060451.jpg

Cobb
4F3600_extra_03.jpg

White95

HANO Motorsports
Established Member
This truck is becoming a badass. I'm loving it! I'll predict 3mph better in the 1/4 with the ported GT350 manifold.

You’d be right too! My ET didn’t change much since I added weight with the exhaust work and Whipple airbox. I have a solution in the works.

It really is very fun to drive but the suspension is super soft. Hard to be mature when it does immature things with ease.

IMG_2750.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread