My DIB 2013 GT500 Review

ademily87

Established Member
Very nice read.

Is there absolutely ANYTHING you don't like? Like, anything at all that you would like to have that isn't there? Just curious.

Beautiful machine and congrats.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

svt1111

Established Member
Chris,

First, congrats and nice review. The car looks great!

Regarding what you said about the 08 car with 546 rwhp having more aggression and neck snap, do you think the drive by wire throttle in the 2013 is what is causing the less immediate power delivery, perhaps combined with the taller gears? What gears did the 2008 car have?

I wonder with a tune how 'snappy' the throttle response will be. The car clearly is making plenty of power so I guess its in the drive by wire in the stock tune....?

Doesn't really matter, its just a matter of preference and fun to drive ratio I guess..

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
How do you like the stance? Looks like the infamous 4x4 look has been minimized?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Beautiful car and great write up! The standard wheels are very nice and accent the color very well. Can you add more about the Recaro seats, please? They seem narrow to me. Thank you and congratulations!

I'm 5'11 175lbs- I work out 4 days/week with 8% body fat- and I fit fine. My father who is 6'2- 265, and a bit bigger in the center, said they seats were snug and comfy.

How much over invoice did she set you back?

If you had to order another one would you get it exactly as is or would you change anything?
To protect my dealer, I'm not going to post what I paid. Let's just say I did really good.

I wouldnt change anything

Great write up Chris, thanks for your comments and taking the time. Good to hear your thoughts on the Recaros. I thought about not getting them because of not being able to get them heated. I also have back issues, I'd rather be cold for a few minutes than be uncomfortable on a trip.
Can you clarify this statement...?
"The Wheels I like ALOT very happy I did spring for the SVTPP- I like these much better!"
Aren't these non-SVTPP wheels, did you mean to say didn't?

Great looking Shelby, enjoy.

Sorry, it should say "didn't spring for the SVTPP"

I can't put enough emphasis on how right he is about the triple digit speeds suddenly showing up on you.

Chris, how's the exhaust note compare to previous GT500 models?
Which 'mode' of launch control have you played with the most?

It's louder stock than my 08. My 08 was loud after the muffler deletes. I'll do the same with this

As for mode with the launch control, i just pressed the button and mashed the gas :)

Is there absolutely ANYTHING you don't like? Like, anything at all that you would like to have that isn't there? Just curious.
Honestly, no. The nav thing bothers me a bit, and i wish the ass end was about a 1/2 an inch lower, but other than that. Nothing I don't like yet

Beautiful car!! Any plans for it?

I'll do the exhaust, and tint this year. See whats out there for Tunes next spring, but nothing else in the plans. This car is plenty for me right now

Regarding what you said about the 08 car with 546 rwhp having more aggression and neck snap, do you think the drive by wire throttle in the 2013 is what is causing the less immediate power delivery, perhaps combined with the taller gears? What gears did the 2008 car have?

I wonder with a tune how 'snappy' the throttle response will be. The car clearly is making plenty of power so I guess its in the drive by wire in the stock tune....?

My 08 had the stock gear, and with the tune, pulley, intake, exhaust combo, it was snappy. This is more linear, suck you into your seat. Which personally, I like more.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
How do you like the stance? Looks like the infamous 4x4 look has been minimized?

It handles great, and yes, the 4x4 has been minimized. Could have come down another 1/2 an inch in the ass. But that front lip is already pretty low in the front.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you put the traction control *advance trac* in sport mode at least? or are you literally just going from no LC, to LC and going with it?

picking a certain RPM?

Last question, i've been having brake squeal since around 40-50 miles....is yours making anything that resembles brake squeak?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The early results are still coming in but I'm seeing a pattern - the base wheels just 'look' better. I've been on the hunt for a set, so to anyone that doesn't like theirs...;)

Chris, that blue hue is DEEP! Looks very classy w/o any stripes.

Color me jealous. Nice ride Chris.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Finally some pictures that make me happy I stayed with DIB.

I hope mine looks ok with the PP wheels. I think it will even with no black strip to tie in the dark color, the car has plenty of other black, around the grill, window trim, back panel etc.

Thanks for the great write up and Congratulations!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Been waiting for this write up!Good stuff! great pics and im also glad I didnt get the SVTPP, the base wheels are so much better. Im thinking a frpp spring kit to get the perfect stance. I kind of wanted the recaros but i was thinking more in terms for my wife. maybe ill swap with someone later on! :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Did you put the traction control *advance trac* in sport mode at least? or are you literally just going from no LC, to LC and going with it?

picking a certain RPM?

Last question, i've been having brake squeal since around 40-50 miles....is yours making anything that resembles brake squeak?

Literally going from no LC to LC and mashing it. I have not had a chance to play with it more than 2 or 3 times. But it seems to work

Yes, I get a little squeal from time to time, I put her away with 1409 miles tonight, and its only when the brakes are cold.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The early results are still coming in but I'm seeing a pattern - the base wheels just 'look' better. I've been on the hunt for a set, so to anyone that doesn't like theirs...;)

Chris, that blue hue is DEEP! Looks very classy w/o any stripes.

Color me jealous. Nice ride Chris.

I have to agree- they look great- very happy with them. I HATED the stock wheels on my 08, and the 10-12 stock wheels were meh to me. These- these are just right!

And yes, the blue is really deep and classy. That's what I wanted. These pictures with a good camera- really make it pop.

blair223

Established Member
Thanks for the review Chris. Hope to get mine this week.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there is a way to override the nanny block on the GT500 11/12 Nav when moving. Should work for the 2013. I did it on my previous Pioneer unit I had in my GT and will let folks know what I find out when I get serious about tracking down a solution (soon).

Shhhh

Established Member
Great review! Now more pictures :)

I love the open grill.

DIB stripe delete here as well :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread