• credit card

Votes: 91 85.0%
  • kenne bell

Votes: 16 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i8urSS

Established Member
so in feb i'm gonna get about $4400 when i sell back my leave days when i get out of the military. and the logical side of me says i should def use that to pay off a credit card and clear some of my debt. but then i think about how i would have enough to get a kb and all the supporting mods and i'm really torn on whether i should pull the trigger on that or just keep waiting and saving. now i know what the smart move is. but i know i'm gonna have a really hard time passing up the opportunity to get everything i want (which is probably why i'm in debt in the first place :rolling:) just want to know if you had the choice which way you would go.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
man I'm in a bigger dilema... I have 18K in student loans to pay off before I get my cobra to begin with. I would pay off the credit card...

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I say pay off the credit card, its the smart thing to do, but honestly If I was in your position I would probably get the Kenne Bell lol. But I'm dumb like that!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Credit cards suck hairy donkey balls. I haven't touched one in years and refuse to. Pay off the card and be done with those bastards LOL.

Ironhand

Banned
Why dont you just take terminal leave guy? You get paid more that way then just selling your leave back.

xenodragon

Established Member
I was just in this same position. I got a bonus from work for about $5k...I really really wanted to buy a Whipple, but made the choice to pay off my CC...now all i have left is my Mortgage...and a car lease payment...

I'm happy I made that decision...I guess, not really. I want a whipple :-(

xenodragon

Established Member
Pay of the credit card and then use it to buy the KB!!!! Two birds with one stone! :)

Oh ya this is the 3rd time i have "paid off my CC'd". I pay it off then buy something else, then pay it off and buy sometihng else. I refuse to buy anythjing else unless I can pay 100% cash for it. I hate payments

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Pay off the card.
We are going to get hit with another dip and the November elections are not going to be enough to prevent it.

Things will improve in a year I so.......... I think.:shrug:

My Cobra is payed for.
As much as I love my Whipple, I drove an upper only ported Eaton car for the first time last week, HOLY CRAP!
Mine is the 3.50 pulley, because I open track and his car (a vert) felt just like my car!
Mine has a little more on top end, but my point is a ported Eaton is no freaking JOKE!

They are waaaaay cheaper!

Things are going to dip again I have no doubt.

Last edited:

LUBaseball2

Established Member
Pay off the card.
We are going to get hit with another dip and the November elections are not going to be enough to prevent it.

Things will improve in a year I so.......... I think.:shrug:

My Cobra is payed for.
As much as I love my Whipple, I drove an upper only ported Eaton car for the first time last week, HOLY CRAP!
Mine is the 3.50 pulley, because I open track and his car (a vert) felt just like my car!
Mine has a little more on top end, but my point is a ported Eaton is no freaking JOKE!

Things are going to dip again I have no doubt.

+1 on the dip

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member

True, but you are in the minority running a TS at 13 lbs. 17lbs is a big difference and 21psi on the Whipple can be downright scary.

Jimmy, you don't think you'd be safe running 17 psi on the track?

To the OP, when I was younger I would've gotten the KB, now that I'm older and a little smarter I'd pay off your card for sure.

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
+1 when you sell it back they go off your base pay. They don't count BAH, BAS, or sea/sub pay if you get it. So take terminal and get more money

+2. Selling youir leave all you get is your base pay divided by 30 time number of leave days. Take terminal leave, get the seperate rations, BAH, and any other pays. You're still "out", and you get more money. Never Ever sell leave days.

And to answer the original question, pay off the credit card. Get out from under debt at all costs.

i8urSS

Established Member
+2. Selling youir leave all you get is your base pay divided by 30 time number of leave days. Take terminal leave, get the seperate rations, BAH, and any other pays. You're still "out", and you get more money. Never Ever sell leave days.

And to answer the original question, pay off the credit card. Get out from under debt at all costs.

ya but the way i figure it. i get out in feb and i'm staying in the reserves where i cant use the leave. so i can either get out two months early or work those two months and then sell my leave and get paid on top. i've already got my next job lined up and i'll be making slightly more than i am now so i'm not worried about getting out early. thanks for the suggestions tho.

i imagine i will go the rational route and pay off the credit card. its just really hard knowing i will have the cash and passing up on the opportunity. life's just too short not to go fast. . . er!

Users who are viewing this thread