My Eaton Swap Project Using Custom Brackets

Furinox

Established Member
As some of you know I sold my vortech T-trim setup to do an eaton swap using the brackets that the marauders use instead of the cobra front dress. Using these brackets allows you to not have to swap timing covers, but it does require some modified parts to be used. I figured I'd go ahead and make this thread incase anyone else wanted to go this direction as well. I will be doing the entire swap the week of the 15th.

Here is what I have done so far and also a price list of what I have. This swap could have been done much cheaper but I went with some upgraded parts since I have a forged bottom end.

Ported Eaton $450
Billetflow 2.93: $60
Lower intake $280
Intercooler $300
Intercooler to Lower coolant adapter and gasket: $50
LFP Heat exchanger $180
Heat exchanger Reservoir: $35
Intercooler Pump: $50
Custom Pulley Brackets with bolts: $480
Roush 3 Bolt Tensioner: $120
4LB Lower Pulley Kit: $150
Intercooler to Eaton Gasket: Free
Passenger Side Idler Pulley: $20
Inner and outer Serpentine Belts: $80
Cobra Maf: Free
Cobra Coolant Crossover: $60
IAT2 Sensor: $10
IAT2 Pigtail: $10
HE Pump Pigtail: Free
Misc Heater Hose for Intercooler Lines: ?
Aluminum Stock to Mount HE: $10
Misc Lower Intake/Blower Bolts: $10
Marauder Balancer/Crank Pulley: $40

I will also be tunning the car myself.

Painting the LFP Heat Exchanger and Blower:

LFPHE.jpg

IMG_9176.JPG

eaton.JPG

Here is the HE mounted on the car:

boff.jpg

IMG_9131.JPG

I mounted the HE with aluminum stock from Home Depot. It was only $5 for the aluminum straps compared the the high prices of the cobra HE brackets. I also polished the straps before they went on.

I decided that I also wanted to dress up the engine bay a bit while doing this swap so I got ahold of a spare set of valve covers thanks to Billy @ LT Performance. I had them powdercoated a standard low gloss wrinkle red. I also had my powered by ford coil covers done and then painted in the letters with a paint pen.

IMG_9196.JPG

I'll be adding more pictures/information as the project continues.

Adam03GT

Established Member
Just curious, why would you go through all that when you could have just slapped on the vortech?

Hodgepodge

Established Member
awesome :pop:

I will be following this very closely, I want to do an Eaton swap over the summer

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Excellent thread! Your car is immaculate. :rockon: Looking forward to seeing the custom work.

frisko4one5

Crazy Mach 1 Poster
Established Member
that black eaton looks bad azz!!! :rockon:how did u manage to paint that ford symbol silver soo nicely??? lol very very steady hand u have there..

wonder how a TR eaton would look..lol:rolling:

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Nice!!!

I kind of went the same route with the cam/cop covers!
Picture389-1.jpg

Looking forward to see it finished!:beer:

Last edited:

Furinox

Established Member
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Currently just waiting on a marauder cam position sensor, and a blower belt. Other than that all I have left to do is run my coolant lines.

Furinox

Established Member
more pictures:

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Added several more pictures. It's now up and running. I ran into a few unexpected snags which I thought could happen since i'm the first person doing this on a mach 1. I ended up having to get a 03 marauder cam position sensor. Since the mach 1 sensor faces straight out, the alternator wouldnt go into it's correct position. I also had to get several different blower belts to find the right one that fit my setup (2.93 upper with 4 lb lower).

Once all of that was done I added coolant to find out that there was a pinhole leak at the new outlet that was welded on. I ended up using some water welder to patch it up since i'm kind of in a hurry. All I have left is to burp it, put my bumper on, and tune it.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Wow looks great, a thurough write up would be awesome. And who knows, if you are able to duplicate everything, you can sell kits!

Users who are viewing this thread