My Eaton Swap Project Using Custom Brackets

Furinox

Established Member
The car made it's maiden voyage this morning to work. No leaks or anything so thats good. Just gotta work on the tune now. It's running a bit rich with 15% fuel added. I gotta play with the tip in and lean it back out some.

Furinox

Established Member
here's another final pic. I gotta put on my third shaker bracket that I made so that the scoop lines up a bit better but other than that it's done. It needs a good detailing also since I havent cleaned it since the swap. I also need to find or make some kind of battery cover.

enginebay.jpg

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
We used to don't like the word like “ Is Made in China “ in the past. Because our country was not developed, especially in science, technology and economy. But it's changed a lot now. China's getting stronger and stronger increasingly in the world today. Many subjects such as electronics, tea, clothes, lighter, shoes, bags ect. Are made in China . You can see the situation is very common, even you travelled abroad.At the moment, you'll have a feeling of proud. The articles by China's manufacturers are not only in a good quality, but also in a great many of quantity, and in a very lower price. For example, a same suit made in China, might marked five to ten dollars that would cost one hundred dollars that made in Western countries. Many people couldn't afford for it but Chinese goods are most popular now than ever before.The popularation of Chinese objcets is almost covered the market place all over the world, including the European and American markets.
WTF?:shrug: Troll?

Furinox

Established Member
so how long til you start making these and selling them?

I doubt I will. No one had done it on a mach 1 so I wanted to try it. Especially since there were several people on mach1registry that said it wasnt a good setup cause you needed custom stuff. There were only 2 pieces that I had to have changed so it worked out pretty well I think.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I doubt I will. No one had done it on a mach 1 so I wanted to try it. Especially since there were several people on mach1registry that said it wasnt a good setup cause you needed custom stuff. There were only 2 pieces that I had to have changed so it worked out pretty well I think.

You should just duplicate them, make parts kits, and sell them. And show which parts you made substitute in for the Eaton swap kit parts. Dude you could make some $$

Furinox

Established Member
Went up and stuck it on the dyno. Surprisingly the tune I made was almost dead on. Just had to add about 4% fuel on the top end. Made 440hp/460tq with 14* of timing. Going from 12 to 14* of timing the car picked up 30rwhp. Car has a pretty good miss after messing with it and I really havent been happy with these TR6 plugs. Going to put BR7EF's back in it and add more timing and I should be close to 500 rwhp.

Jaysin

Established Member
I apologize for bumping an older thread, but this is awesome! Looks phenomenal, and seems less part intensive compared to other eaton swaps I've read about. Did you get the tune straightened out? What do you use to tune with? It's awesome seeing someone build, and tune their own ride. I have an srt4 right now, and it seems like almost 80-90% of guys on srtforums tune their ride, don't see too many around here tuning themselves (I'm not meaning this as disrespect towards anyone on these forums who do tune themselves, just stating I don't see it as often on here as I do other foums, Evo owners seem to be self tuners alot more than other car brands aswell). Great work though man, you have a nicely built Mach.

cobrasvt57

Established Member
one thing unclear to me is can i use my mach1 balancer and bolt the LFP lower pulley kit to it or do i need to get the cobra balancer?
thanks
Joel

Users who are viewing this thread