My experience with 10.5 AFS rims, 315 BFG's and spacers...

oldmodman

Established Member
AFS 17x10.5
3.8 spacer kit with extended lug nuts. Make sure you run a tap into the lug nuts before trying to install them. Lots of them have flakes of chrome inside them and they will jam on your wheel studs and screw up the threads.
Goodyear GS-D3's in 315/35ZR17
Grind down upper bolt.
Rolled fenders.
The fit is perfect. No scraping during hard cornering.

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
lol Red Turtle. But seriously how safe are wheel spacers?? Has anyone had any issues?? I do take my 2 year old little girl with me for a ride in my Terminator fellas

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
lol Red Turtle. But seriously how safe are wheel spacers?? Has anyone had any issues?? I do take my 2 year old little girl with me for a ride in my Terminator fellas

Hub-centric spacers are fine, but regular old slip on spacers I would think twice about.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Last question boys will I have to install longer wheel studs if i go with a 3/8 spacer to fit my new 17 x 10.5 rears??

With the 3/8" hub-centric spacer kit most vendors sell you don't have to go with the longer studs as the kit usually includes extended thread lug nuts BUT, IMO the ET lugs are just a band-aid. I bought some ARP 3" studs for peace of mind.

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Ok new problem I got everything installed and I like the aggressive wider stance my cobra now has but the extended lug nuts weren't long enough. My mechanic had to cut the tops of the nuts so I could bolt on the wheels. But now that i think of it should I had him just cut the stud down instead?? Plus are there any lug nuts out there that i can get to fit over these massive studs.

Steve03SVT

Semper Fi
Established Member
Hmmm, I slapped on a set of BFG 315/35 G-force DR's on a 17x10.5" replica, major issues. I put the MM low profile bolts and a 3/8" spacer and they still wouldn't clear the IRS. Guess Im gonna have to go with 1/2" spacers and longer studs, FML!

Michael Hughes

1 of 299
Established Member
Hey guys I've got the AFS 18x10.5 on the rear of my car I had two use the MM bolt. MM 1/2 inch spacers, ARP wheel studs. and longer lug nuts. I have a Mickey Thompson 315/30/18 DR.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
10.5 AFS Wheels w/335's w/ 3/8" spacers = perfection

019ag.jpg

004fnw.jpg

album_pic.php

03cobraaa

Established Member
How good are the AFS' with matching with the factory chrome look? I have a rear set from american muscle that look waaaay different from my factory fronts. Irritates the sh*t outta me.

Users who are viewing this thread