My experience with Todd at Prestige Mustang

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Sounds like you were able to get the money back through your bank. Have you heard any more from Todd?

I'm surprised that you would have bought the used parts based only on his description. I would have insisted on detailed pictures before I made the decision.

I haven't heard anything from Todd since this all went down.

I would have preferred that he be more upfront and would have posted pictures before his all out sales attack. Basically, post pictures before you have to be asked for them. Todd is a salesman first though, he would have sold this stuff to the first person who started spilling a credit card number---which just happened to be me. No matter how "right" it would be, Todd doesn't want to have to do the extra work of emailing pictures to make a sale, he wants the money quick......After that, nothing matters.

Nukem1040

Established Member
What excuse could Todd possibly have had for pulling some crap like that?

Only excuse I can see is I bought these parts back in Jan because I'm stationed in Germany. He supports the military no problem (and gives a good discount) and my buddy who is doing the work had to go down to New Orleans for over a month. So that's why he just got there to get the parts. So that's the only reason why I could see Todd brought them to his house so they didn't get sold.:shrug:

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Only excuse I can see is I bought these parts back in Jan because I'm stationed in Germany. He supports the military no problem (and gives a good discount) and my buddy who is doing the work had to go down to New Orleans for over a month. So that's why he just got there to get the parts. So that's the only reason why I could see Todd brought them to his house so they didn't get sold.:shrug:

Good discount for the military my ass!!
I told him I was from Massachusetts, an hour away from Boston which is where this Mystic was from that he is parting out. I told him that I was in California under Navy orders.
He thanked me for my service and promptly screwed me with this deal with the front bumper cover.

Nukem1040

Established Member
Now that's pretty shitty. I always ask him for a military discount, but I think he was all into me being in Germany right now and when he was over here. He talked about the autobahn and putting his '13 Shelby on it. Not sure. Either way, I am saddened by your deal and not happy about my parts either for my 93 Cobra.

coposrv

Established Member
Good discount for the military my ass!!
I told him I was from Massachusetts, an hour away from Boston which is where this Mystic was from that he is parting out. I told him that I was in California under Navy orders.
He thanked me for my service and promptly screwed me with this deal with the front bumper cover.

Where around Boston? I looked at a gt with a cobra kit that was painted what looked like mystic around 2 years ago.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I wholeheartedly believe the OP.. I have heard NUMEROUS horror stories about this place on the Lincoln Forums.. Sucks, because LSE parts are incredibly hard to come by, and this guy always seems to end up with them...

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Glad I saw this. Sent them two emails about a price quote for parts and have yet to hear back. Will probably just move on from them.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
This is where paying for some return shipping, even if he felt he wasn't in the wrong, would have been WELL worth it. The cost of the poor "publicity" far outweighs the shipping costs. But I would have been pissed about that shipping job and condition of the bumper cover as well. And it sounds like you gave him an appropriate amount of time to handle things properly before bashing him or his company or taking any "legal" action, so good for you.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Where around Boston? I looked at a gt with a cobra kit that was painted what looked like mystic around 2 years ago.

He never told me anything more than "in the boston area"......This was before he knew anything about me being from Massachusetts.

hell, Todd won't even give the VIN to the owner of the 1996 Mystic Cobra site so that it can be documented that the car is totaled.

Users who are viewing this thread