My first dyno

kyhemi-dart

03 Zinc Cobra
Established Member
Well yesterday took my car to my first dyno, things def didnt go as i had hoped. Car is an 03, Posi port. 2.76 upper w/ stock lower, BA 2400, KB BAP, stock injectors, JLT CAI, exhaust.

Found out my IC pump isnt working and my fans arent coming on. The car sits 90% of the time so I have noticed either, glad I caught it now tho. My tuner just set up a tune for the moment to make the call driveable until I get those few problems lined out. The car made 414 rwhp @ 5400 and 480 tq @ 3600 rpm ona very safe tune. Its amazing how much the IC pump can kill the power due to the heat. can wait to get it lined out and hit 500 HP :thumbsup: Just thought id share lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sucks Sean. But at least you found out quickly what the problem was. You're going to get a huge jump in power/torque the next time you visit the dyno with both a fix and a proper tune. The best is yet to come. Just keep thinking 500+, 500+, 500+, 500+. :)

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
be glad you tuner found it and didn't just pull time and time again to trying to make power!!

cystang

Established Member
I had the same problem with my fans ended up being the fuse right there under the hood...Good luck.....

kyhemi-dart

03 Zinc Cobra
Established Member
Thanks for all the encouragement guys lol I cant believe that an IC pump could rob that much power either but it can. Even with the little tuning he did do, it pulls quite nice cant wait to get it all tho

bdamcat

Established Member
How do you know if the IC pump is working? I'm still a newb just got mine a few weeks ago. And who did your tuning?

Last edited:

kyhemi-dart

03 Zinc Cobra
Established Member
^ Theres a fuse underhood by the intake that use can use a wire to bypass and once you do this youll be able to see the coolant moving thru the SC IC resevoir. You can do a search and find the procedure of doing this, I didt know this until this past wknd myself. I had my tuned at Blankenship Tuning in Shelbyville, if your close to him id highly recommend him

Users who are viewing this thread