My Gradual Build (Quest for a Powerful Street GT500, always hungry for more)

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Manifolds are coming together nicely and being close to complete on it. Made of grade 321 tubes, burns product.

null_zps47731254.jpg

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking good man, Cant wait to see it all finished, you should take that monster to the Texas mile.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Seems a little excessive to me. Ditching the blower and just running the hellion twin kit with an auto would have been all you need. The car is gonna be lazy with a 6 speed plain and simple.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Seems a little excessive to me. Ditching the blower and just running the hellion twin kit with an auto would have been all you need. The car is gonna be lazy with a 6 speed plain and simple.

Have you seen the pictures of the 2 turbos and the wastegates sitting right under the 6 speed? Most auto transmissions are bigger than the 6 speed.
Hellions stock picture of the underside:
7yhudehe.jpg

This stock photo is probably taken with their standard 61mm turbos. I have bigger turbos than that under that car.

I got the k-member so that I can eventually try to relocate the wastegates but the turbos were touching the 6 speed transmission. I did not want to take a chance and buy a transmission and eventually have to take the kit off anyways.

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Well that certainly changes my views lol. I thought they put them up front like they do with the 03-04 cobras.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

The Hellion kit has a lot of compromises, since it's made to fit in a stock car without cutting or moving anything. Granted my car has the blower on it, but the turbos come online hard at 3,000 RPM or so. My car puts down 700ft/lbs at 3,000 RPM. They would spool sooner with an auto but they definitely work well with a 6 speed.

Last edited:

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
My street duty wheels just got finished from CCW. They have Mickey Thompson's 305/35/19 ET Streets mounted on them. To bad my car is down for this build. I can't wait to see these on my car.
sp16agt500_zpsd128c6c6.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
That's a nice wheel, why not have gone with a 17 or 18" to get more side wall?

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
That's a nice wheel, why not have gone with a 17 or 18" to get more side wall?

I use to have 18's but then I got these:
4uzynate.jpg

So I sold the 18's to get nicer 19's street wheels for the 19" mt Et street.
So far they only make that wheel in 19 up.

Last edited:

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
More manifold pictures. Added the spring loaded slip fit connection brackets and manifolds mostly welded up. V-band connection for easy disassembly of the turbo kit.
null_zpsc5739161.jpg

null_zps36a2bb5a.jpg

null_zps41cf9f0d.jpg

null_zps967aad56.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread