My GT is messed up. Need help!!

fake

Established Member
I had a little pinging action going on today so I wanted to look at my plugs.

Well like a tard, when I was trying to get to the 4 plug since the battery is in the way, the wrench came up under the red cover for the postive terminal and caused a quick arch.

About 30 minutes ago, the wife and I were going to run into town so I fire the GT up. She starts up fine, then the "service advance track" lights come on. I'm thinking, "ok, I must have blown a fuse. I'll find it tomorrow morning".

I put the car in reverse to back out of the garage and I have no power steering either. I've checked almost all my fuses (until my flash light went out) and have not found any blown fuses.

I disconnected the battery to see if this would reset stuff, but it didn't help. I still have the negative terminal disconnected so I can continue to check fuses in the morning.

Did I frack my ECU up with the wrench to the postive terminal? Am I SOL? I am so pissed at myself right now.

HELP!!!

Turbosnake281

Established Member
i doubt you did any damage to the ecu, one time i literally put my battery in my gt backwards because the pole positioning was different than my stock battery and confused me for a second lol (IKNOW), but it didnt damage anything. there is no way in hell that arcing the positive 12v terminal to the block would damage anything that is silly IMO, but you never know with these new cars!

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Been there done that. The fuse block that you blew is about $20 from Ford and most of them have it on hand. You won't find it at an auto parts store. If you are handy and know what you are doing, take a look at the block. It is a small line of solder between the two contacts. I temporarily soldered mine back together until I could pick up the block.

Users who are viewing this thread