My Hellion_MMR Build

que4dog

Established Member
My GT500 Hellion Turbo_MMR Build

As you all know that I installed every bolt of the Twin Turbo setup on my car a little over a year ago and it is awesome. I decided to support the twin turbo setup with a Built short block because the Stock short block was just not enough. Everyone at Hellion have always been great to me and I went with MMR for peace of mind because they assured me that they would provide the same quality of customer service. It took awhile for the short block & additional parts to arrive plus the fact that I am doing a little at a time on my off days but progress is moving along. I decided to go with 4340 6.658 Manley Pro-series Billet I-beam Rods, 5.4 Forged Manley pistons, All ARP studs, street/strip oil pan and windage tray along with a couple of other items. I attached pictures of the build for your enjoyment.

2ag5f6w.jpg

2woxj5c.jpg

30uep9f.jpg

33k9ow0.jpg

qo9eg8.jpg

9fpdao.jpg

2uorpcl.jpg

29os7zb.jpg

2vtyu0n.jpg

2n6c5ft.jpg

sxg5le.jpg

ok0dbt.jpg

5ezqea.jpg

iwk93o.jpg

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Call me a noob, but I've never understood the concept of a complex boost setup. Turbo's and PD combos have always baffled me.

Although, the setup you have built will be a beast, and I eagerly await the results.

:pop:

AlanSVT

Established Member
awesome. I think I am going to attempt to install the hellion kit my self.......Wonder how that is going to work out LOL

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Sounds awesome man!!! If you have any questions along the way..let me know!

que4dog

Established Member
Call me a noob, but I've never understood the concept of a complex boost setup. Turbo's and PD combos have always baffled me.
Although, the setup you have built will be a beast, and I eagerly await the results. :pop:

I'll keep you informed.

Good luck with the built is awesome!!!!!

Thanks.

awesome. I think I am going to attempt to install the hellion kit my self.......Wonder how that is going to work out LOL

You have to go for it!

i got distracted at the boobs above me.....lol'

nice build!

Troublemaker you have to say on task...LOL Now I know how you got your name..LOL

I'm gonna have to come over to New Orleans once it built to see this beast in action. Are you building it for the strip or just mostly for cruising around on weekend?

Weekend cruising with some track duty. I want it to remain completely "streetable".

Sounds awesome man!!! If you have any questions along the way..let me know!

Thanks man, you are always helpful. Also I need to send you the bill for all this stuff because you are the one that got me started with this twin turbo power sickness...LOL

skyhighsd

Established Member
How did I miss this thread? Nice looking build, so how has it been to you since this was a month back?

que4dog

Established Member
How did I miss this thread? Nice looking build, so how has it been to you since this was a month back?

It's going well. I had a couple of set backs but I was able to resolve each problem. I am trying to put miles on the car and checking for final adjustments.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread