My hood wont stop shaking! How do I fix this?

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Heya everyone;

My 04' Cobra hood wont stop shaking when I drive and I cant get it to stop.

Its tightened correctly, the hood stops are adjusted and if I lower the hood latch then the front of the hood will dip below the fender line.

Some people have said they have heard about it but I havnt gotten any solid facts.

Does anyone know how I can fix this hood?

Thanks everyone.

-Eric-

NeoTokyo

Established Member
The hood is flush right now, if I were to lower the hood latch it would be lower.

Heck I even adjusted the stops up and made it rise above the fender slightly (So I knew it made contact) and it still shook just as bad.

Thanks for the reply though.

moot09

Established Member
Ive had this same problem for a while now. I have stopped the shaking but one corner sits higher than the other. I think its mainly in the hood alignment though.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Raising the hood stops doesnt help it for me, it shakes at the last 3/4 length of the hood by the cowl.

The hood is perfect around the edges, I did noticed that it isnt bonded on the underside structure to the top panel.

Its not factory but has anyone bonded their and fixed it?

gat0r

Established Member
<snip>
Its not factory
<snip>

are you saying its an aftermarket hood? or did misread your post?
if aftermarket, that would have been good info to have in the 1st post. ;-)

sounds like, if aftermarket, its a design flaw.
who makes it?
I would contact manufacturer.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
No, it is a factory hood.

My old and sold aftermarket hood did not have this problem is what I was saying, that was a Cervini 2000 Cobra R hood which is a different design. The stock GT hood I had also did not have this problem, only the 03/04 Cobra hood has this problem.

I dont know, it might be related to the fact that my car isnt an 03/04 Cobra and I dont have the 03/04 Cobra bumper but still I wouldnt think it would shake like this.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Raising the hood stops doesnt help it for me, it shakes at the last 3/4 length of the hood by the cowl.

The hood is perfect around the edges, I did noticed that it isnt bonded on the underside structure to the top panel.

Its not factory but has anyone bonded their and fixed it?

are you saying its an aftermarket hood? or did misread your post?
if aftermarket, that would have been good info to have in the 1st post. ;-)

sounds like, if aftermarket, its a design flaw.
who makes it?
I would contact manufacturer.

Whoops, I meant to say that adding the bonding agent in the center isnt factory because there is no bonding agent there in the first place. :p

NeoTokyo

Established Member
I never got the problem fixed without having the bumpers so high that the hood did not sit flush with the fenders. The 01' it was on is sold now though.

I did come to find though (when fine fitting my wifes Cervini hood) that I could remove the locating pins from the latch and lower it slightly.

That might have solved my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread