My L is FUBAR'd...

FordFanStan

Established Member
Luckily everyone is ok. That is the main thing. Post up what parts you need after you deal with ins, I know we have a couple extra bod parts here or there that we could pry let go for cheap.. Stan

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
Glad all are ok!!! I know how it feels to lose the truck but its a small price to pay for your families safety. We will both bounce back and get back in the game this time alil more cautious and safer.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I'm glad everyone is okay, especially the baby. I have NEVER been as nervous about ANYTHING as I was when my wife was pregnant.

Any details on what happened? What did the insurance co say?

I'D WIN

Established Member
Its good to see that the family is okay ... they are more important than the truck by far! Hopefully everything works out for you!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Well, here's the storey of the reck. My wife was on her way down to her parents house Friday Morning, she wanted to hit the road before the weather got real bad, but no luck with that, she made it 1.3 miles from the house. She was drving, slowly because thier was ice and snow on the road. Truck just shifted into over drive so she had just reached 40mph. She said about 5-10 seconds after the shift on a straight road, slight up hill, the front end pushed out over the center line, then caught, causing the rear with no traction to kick out to the right. She slid sideways accrouse the road, went air born for 5 feet as the ditch she went into was very steep. (You can see in the picture, the raod way is another 3-4 feet above the cab of the truck.) Landed and slid sideways, and backwards further down the ditch into a large tree stump. Ended up faceing the direction she came from.

So far the adjuster came to the house, wont give me a quote yet, but said it will be expencive. He needs it to get in a shop, up on the rack to finish the esimate. So I've been working on that, I finally found a place that will do one before he does his. I'll drop the truck of to day at 10am and keep you all posted.

I'll add the pictures of the dmg today, I have a camera, and the truck here, standby.

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
dude, why don't you get a 4wd vehicle for the winter? It's just not worth it to put the safety of your truck, and more importantly you and your family's lives in danger.

Good news that everyone is OK though.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
4wed may help you get out of a ditch, but it wont stop you from going into a ditch. All 4wd does is build a false since of securitty because when you come to a compleate stop, you can accelerate faster then non 4wd, and it feels like you have more traction. When in truth, accereating traction has nothing to do with lateral traction. Most vehicals in the ditch = 4wd's.

btw, We are looking for a 4wd cross over for her and the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread