My motorcycle chase made the news..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital

Established Member
Ya.. must be rough restraining yourself in your daily just to have it all spill out when you're in your cruiser. Cops are MODELS of self control... Sure wish I had a special "lights off" right to break laws randomly and then not be in a hurry all of a sudden.

Last edited:

03trubluGT

Established Member
Threads like this make it easy to see who's prone to wanton disregard for public safety and personal accountability. :nono:

MFE

Established Member
There is some ass backward thought processes in this thread. You break the law pull over and accept your fine. I saw nothing wrong with what the police did in this chase.

It's not just this thread.

It's not just this board.

There is a shockingly large portion of the population (online, at least), who project responsibility for things like this away from the person who chose to start the chain of events and onto those tasked with stopping it.

Everything it somebody else's fault. I have my rights. Sue somebody if I get hurt, no matter what, it's not my fault.

Coiled03

Established Member
For the people who are saying he wasn't being chased. Tell me - what would've happened if he would've suddenly decided "Eh - I lost these guys, I'm gonna pull over and get some lunch", and stopped the bike. Are you telling me the helicopter wouldn't have immediately reported his position for the cops to come haul him off to jail?

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
You damn skippy the pilot would and I,m sure he would be swarmed with officers. What is the point of asking that? The chase was called and the helicopter was watching him. Thats the point of having the heli...ground units back off/stop chasing for whatever reason and the suspect still being watched from up above. To blame any leo or the op for some DA and his stupid reasons for running is unreal

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Ya.. must be rough restraining yourself in your daily just to have it all spill out when you're in your cruiser. Cops are MODELS of self control... Sure wish I had a special "lights off" right to break laws randomly and then not be in a hurry all of a sudden.
WTF does that have to do with this?

There is a shockingly large portion of the population (online, at least), who project responsibility for things like this away from the person who chose to start the chain of events and onto those tasked with stopping it.

Everything it somebody else's fault. I have my rights. Sue somebody if I get hurt, no matter what, it's not my fault.

+1

For the people who are saying he wasn't being chased. Tell me - what would've happened if he would've suddenly decided "Eh - I lost these guys, I'm gonna pull over and get some lunch", and stopped the bike. Are you telling me the helicopter wouldn't have immediately reported his position for the cops to come haul him off to jail?

Damm right, That's what should happen.

WTF can't you guys understand about, DON'T RUN FROM THE POLICE AND NONE OF THIS HAPPENS?

Someone runs they are running for a reason. I want them chased and stopped. I'll take my chances of being in/around the accident. I'm more likely to be hit by a idiot drunk driver, a cell phone talking/texting woman, street racers or the idiot doing 100+ on the bike than I am by the 1 out of 10,000 idiots that decide to make the cops chase him.

03trubluGT

Established Member

And there's a problem with that?

WTF are LEOs supposed to do?

I'm eagerly awaiting your well thought out solution. :p

Coiled03

Established Member
And there's a problem with that?

WTF are LEOs supposed to do?

I'm eagerly awaiting your well thought out solution. :p

How about not giving everyone a line of bullshit about how the guy wasn't being chased? Sure - a cop car wasn't chasing him, but the helicopter sure was. You know it, and so did the guy on the bike.

It doesn't justify his actions, but damn - let's have the truth.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
How about not giving everyone a line of bullshit about how the guy wasn't being chased? Sure - a cop car wasn't chasing him, but the helicopter sure was. You know it, and so did the guy on the bike.

Chances are, the rider most likely did NOT know there was a bird in the air. Have you ever ridden a bike?

Quit trying to shift responsibility.

03trubluGT

Established Member

There was no active pursuit.

Explain what your problem is with it. It's no different than using city cameras to follow someone.

By the way, nice job of avoiding my question.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Chances are, the rider most likely did NOT know there was a bird in the air. Have you ever ridden a bike?

Quit trying to shift responsibility.

THIS! i can promise you he had no idea there was a bird in the air. he had a helmet one and at the speed he was going no way he was looking up for a damn heli.

00blacksvtl

Established Member
Unless I completely misread an earlier post the bike was not chased for speed. It was chased for having a license plate belonging to a different bike on it. Possible stolen...and thats the magic felony it would take to allow the officer to chase in some people's minds.

This chase was darwinism at work, good job officer.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member

I agree with you and thats the scary part. If it ever turns the other way, we will be in big trouble.
I blame a lot of this crap on parents and Defense Liars, excuse me lawyers about how hard they had it (defendents) growing up and blah, blah, blah. Some of that could be true, but a lot of that is pure BS!

Last edited:

MFE

Established Member
I've noticed it mostly comes from the mouths of those under about age 24. What I can't tell is if it's some bullshit they'll grow out of like a peachfuzz mustache, or if it's a belief set that's endemic to the generation and will move with it as it ages, like a tumor.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Anyways chasing individuals who have not committed a felony is gross irresponsibility by the police department. You say you called off the chase, but you still did chase him for awhile before it was called off. Chasing a guy who just murdered somebody is one thing, chasing a biker for a speeding violation and risking the lives of others is totally different.

Do you know how many Felons are caught on simple traffic stops alone.

Those idiots who choose to run are the ones creating the problem. Our society is ****ed when people think it is the police who are causing an idiot on a crotch rocket to ride in excess of 100 miles.

BTW, did you ever hear of Timothy McVeigh? Yes, the guy who blew up the Murrah Building in Okla City. He was caught by a routine traffic stop. Had he run and not been chased he likely would not have been caught.

MFE

Established Member
Our society is ****ed when people think it is the police who are causing an idiot on a crotch rocket to ride in excess of 100 miles.

Remember this classic thread? Doomed indeed. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/512377-crazy-harley-police-chase.html

03trubluGT

Established Member
Unless I completely misread an earlier post the bike was not chased for speed. It was chased for having a license plate belonging to a different bike on it. Possible stolen...and thats the magic felony it would take to allow the officer to chase in some people's minds.

This chase was darwinism at work, good job officer.

The bike was checked at 92 in a 60 weaving in/out of traffic like it was cool. I caught up to the bike when he had to slow for traffic and pulled alongside him to get the plate (because if you don't get it fast, they are too small to read in a chase). I called out on the plate, slowed, pulled in the lane behind him and lit him up. He gave me the casual look over the shoulder, I saw him downshift twice and I knew it was on. The dispatcher came back with the info that the plate was supposed to be on a totally different bike and I believed it was stolen.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
The bike was checked at 92 in a 60 weaving in/out of traffic like it was cool. I caught up to the bike when he had to slow for traffic and pulled alongside him to get the plate (because if you don't get it fast, they are too small to read in a chase). I called out on the plate, slowed, pulled in the lane behind him and lit him up. He gave me the casual look over the shoulder, I saw him downshift twice and I knew it was on. The dispatcher came back with the info that the plate was supposed to be on a totally different bike and I believed it was stolen.

Don't feed the troll and try and justify yourself, you will be here until the end of time telling them about how the way the real world works.

My question is was that you with the "You're screwed, give up before you get hurt" line? :) And were you on the PA :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread