My motorcycle chase made the news..

Status
Not open for further replies.

03DOHC

Established Member
Yeah, someone speeding is a larger threat than a terrorist, rapist, murderer, thief. Way to go jingling your own bell. Maybe you should cripple all Americans and you'll feel like a King.

03trubluGT

Established Member
good job chasing the bike. the police should be held just as accountable as the rider, in those situations where the 'pursued' hurts an innocent person. as far as im concerned, the officers are supposed to be trained on how to handle situations, and not let adrenaline drive them to do stupid things. as wreckless as the kid showed the officers that he was, they should have terminated the pursuit long before the accident took place. some poilce just have a mentality that they are super heros. the kid was pretty hopeless too

Ummm, the pursuit was called off 20 minutes before he ran the red light. There wasn't an officer within 5 miles of him when it happened. The helicopter was observing him just waiting for him to stop.

So, what was the "stupid" thing that the police did?

03trubluGT

Established Member
If you see the blue downshift two.

I don't understand why the hell the police would chase a bike in the first place. Your not gonna catch him if he wants to run and its gonna end very bad if you do chase him. For what so you can get your ticket quota? Your risking your life, his, and bystanders.

So you're saying bikes should get a free pass to terrorize the highways? Do you know the amount of complaints PDs get from citizens who have to endure reckless drivers doing 100+, whoolies, and other "stunts" on public roadways just because they think they are immune?

03trubluGT

Established Member
I don't think legs were meant to bend the way his was.....And O.P., were you the primary in the chase, or did you hand it off to a superior officer?

I was the primary, but tried to hand it off and couldn't because of the speed. I'm in year 19, so there aren't too many that have seniority on me.

03trubluGT

Established Member
Yeah, someone speeding is a larger threat than a terrorist, rapist, murderer, thief. Way to go jingling your own bell. Maybe you should cripple all Americans and you'll feel like a King.

Who knows why someone speeds? There was a motor officer a few years ago here that stopped a speeder and was killed because the guy had just unknowingly robbed a bank.

What if some knucklehead on a sportbike doing 130+ runs into your wife and kids? You'd be the first to spout off that police should be accountable because they didn't do anything...

So you're saying that LEO should just let speeders go? What an idiodic thought process.

I didn't cripple that kid, he did it himself. He ran a red light and got t-boned. There wasn't an officer within miles of him. GPS proves it.

Your comment implying that I crippled that guy is plain offensive. You should check the mirror before addressing me in that way.

I'm doing my job in a way that the citizend I serve expect me to. If you don't like it, you can keep your negative comments to yourself.

I fully understand your Admin status, but as such you shouldn't take such an offensive stance.

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
His new knickname will be..... Kickstand!

Oh, and the ignorance in this thread is strong... You did absolutely NOTHING wrong 03trubluGT. Glad you're out there.

U.M.

Last edited:

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
Were all damned if you do damned if you dont in law enforcement. But you should have know that because he was speeding on a bike that there was no way he might have just robbed, raped, or killed someone just prior. No way that could have been the case. (Hope some one catches the sarcasm in there)

svtnotch

Established Member
good job chasing the bike. the police should be held just as accountable as the rider, in those situations where the 'pursued' hurts an innocent person. as far as im concerned, the officers are supposed to be trained on how to handle situations, and not let adrenaline drive them to do stupid things. as wreckless as the kid showed the officers that he was, they should have terminated the pursuit long before the accident took place. some poilce just have a mentality that they are super heros. the kid was pretty hopeless too
agree 100 percent. NO reason to chase him that long for a speeding ticket.

svtnotch

Established Member
Nice job listening to the story. The pursuit was called off well before the collision. Nice try, troll.

was there a chopper still in the air with there eyes on him?????????? yes so of course he will keep going.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
What if some knucklehead on a sportbike doing 130+ runs into your wife and kids? You'd be the first to spout off that police should be accountable because they didn't do anything...

Obviously does not apply to LEO's - See link

Tags: Jason Highsmith | NBC4i.com

So you're saying that LEO should just let speeders go? What an idiodic thought process.

Treat civilians also as "friendlies" too afterall they do pay your salaries

PDs get from citizens who have to endure reckless drivers doing 100+, whoolies, and other "stunts" on public roadways

What the hell is a "whoolie"?

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Some how I knew this thread would end up like this. I think posting a thread of this nature is dumb.The OP should have known he would get this reaction.
I do feel the OP did no wrong chasing the bike, you speed and get caught you pay the consequences. I knew a guy that ran from the police and lost his life because the cop kept chasing him. You run from the police you are playing with fire and your gonna get burned 90% of the time.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Who knows why someone speeds? There was a motor officer a few years ago here that stopped a speeder and was killed because the guy had just unknowingly robbed a bank.

I didn't cripple that kid, he did it himself. He ran a red light and got t-boned. There wasn't an officer within miles of him. GPS proves it.

Your comment implying that I crippled that guy is plain offensive. You should check the mirror before addressing me in that way.

I'm doing my job in a way that the citizend I serve expect me to. If you don't like it, you can keep your negative comments to yourself.

I fully understand your Admin status, but as such you shouldn't take such an offensive stance.

+1

Were all damned if you do damned if you dont in law enforcement. But you should have know that because he was speeding on a bike that there was no way he might have just robbed, raped, or killed someone just prior. No way that could have been the case. (Hope some one catches the sarcasm in there)

Agreed and I'm not a LEO. I have a couple friends that are.
People want you to protect and serve when it benifits them though.
was there a chopper still in the air with there eyes on him?????????? yes so of course he will keep going.

So with that thought process if he knew the chopper was there he should know he WILL NOT get away.
So we just let everyone go and hope the stop themselves.

Obviously does not apply to LEO's - See link

Treat civilians also as "friendlies" too afterall they do pay your salaries

So what do you propose they do? Let all speeders go? Now you have everyone on the road doing 100+ because they can't be chased?

BTW, I pay taxes too and I want them to do their job and chase the ****ers.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Your disdain for L.E.O. has been well documented here throughout your posts. Maybe you should pay attention to the facts before posting your uninformed diatribes. :rolleyes:

Are you high? Did you not listen to the video? They did call it off. All they did was watch him in the chopper. Listen at about 1:40. "Dispite nobody chasing Hinson, he continues to gun the bike down the highway."

Don't confuse him with actual facts. :thumbsup:

Freedom

Established Member
I dont understand the animosity in this thread... I am not a huge fan of cops but from what I saw on the video, they did everything right... you can even see the helicopter has pulled way back so that the guy doesnt feel pressured. It was the dumb 20 year old who is fully to blame here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread