My motorcycle chase made the news..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Nice job listening to the story. The pursuit was called off well before the collision. Nice try, troll.

Yeah, someone speeding is a larger threat than a terrorist, rapist, murderer, thief. Way to go jingling your own bell. Maybe you should cripple all Americans and you'll feel like a King.

:bored:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
agree 100 percent. NO reason to chase him that long for a speeding ticket.

Did you even bother to find out the entire story? I guess not. The chase was called off well before this guy crashed. The guy on the motorcycle kept driving recklessly and endangering others despite the fact that he wasnt being chased.

However, if the guy on the motorcycle ran into a pedestrian you and the other haters would be in here asking why the police didnt do something sooner.

Go hate somewhere else.

03trubluGT

Established Member
agree 100 percent. NO reason to chase him that long for a speeding ticket.

was there a chopper still in the air with there eyes on him?????????? yes so of course he will keep going.

What the news didn't report is that the bike was a 2002 Honda 954RR and it had a license plate from a 1980 Kawasaki on it leading me to believe it was stolen.

The helicopter has no lights/siren, and the pursuit had been called off. At this point it is called "cold trail". There was no reason for him to keep running.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
What bothers me is people say "LEOs shouldn't chase"

How about saying "People shouldn't run"

The motorcyclists family even said he shouldnt have been running or riding the way he was.

It is in the comment section of the article.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
The thought process in the guys head was probably......they chased me for this long.....they're just fooling with me now......gotta keep running.

To the LEO.......give an honest answer because i am good friends with over 10 leo's in different ranks and parishes down here who all say the same thing.......why do you keep chasing a bike you KNOW you cannot catch?? You're waiting for him to make a mistake and crash right? That's why they shouldn't be allowed to chase a speeding bike unless they were reported committing a felony.

THey're not allowed to chase down here in most parishes and cities. I'd guesstimate at least 70% of people who own bikes don't REALLY know how to ride them. If the police chase them they end up hurting or killing themselves. Worse yet, they could kill someone not even involved in the incident. I mean the guy was doing 96 in a 60. On a 1k bike.......do you know how EASY that is???? It's 2 millimeters of wrist twist. The police chasing him caused him to accelerate to almost TWICE that speed.

Their is no gray area in these situations. I'm a 30 year old man, married with a 19 month old. I used to be the guy that ran too. I BARELY ride on the street anymore because of the way things have gotten and how crazy i was riding. Police have it out for every sport bike rider down here. I went on our sunday morning ride a few months ago and it's about 30 bikes that go cruising. Everything from sportbikes to choppers. I was roadblocked with everyone by the state police. Doing 60 in 60 between a harley and a chopper. We were roadblocked with guns drawn. I had the laser sight of an ar-15 on my chest. They told us they were running an insurance/license check on that road today. Didn't stop any cars though. Any they can't figure out why guys keep running.....

bscarberry

Established Member
When will people learn to stop naming their children "River"???

65fastback2+2

Established Member
The thought process in the guys head was probably......they chased me for this long.....they're just fooling with me now......gotta keep running.

To the LEO.......give an honest answer because i am good friends with over 10 leo's in different ranks and parishes down here who all say the same thing.......why do you keep chasing a bike you KNOW you cannot catch?? You're waiting for him to make a mistake and crash right? That's why they shouldn't be allowed to chase a speeding bike unless they were reported committing a felony.

THey're not allowed to chase down here in most parishes and cities. I'd guesstimate at least 70% of people who own bikes don't REALLY know how to ride them. If the police chase them they end up hurting or killing themselves. Worse yet, they could kill someone not even involved in the incident. I mean the guy was doing 96 in a 60. On a 1k bike.......do you know how EASY that is???? It's 2 millimeters of wrist twist. The police chasing him caused him to accelerate to almost TWICE that speed.

Their is no gray area in these situations. I'm a 30 year old man, married with a 19 month old. I used to be the guy that ran too. I BARELY ride on the street anymore because of the way things have gotten and how crazy i was riding. Police have it out for every sport bike rider down here. I went on our sunday morning ride a few months ago and it's about 30 bikes that go cruising. Everything from sportbikes to choppers. I was roadblocked with everyone by the state police. Doing 60 in 60 between a harley and a chopper. We were roadblocked with guns drawn. I had the laser sight of an ar-15 on my chest. They told us they were running an insurance/license check on that road today. Didn't stop any cars though. Any they can't figure out why guys keep running.....

true story

if you have to sneeze on a powerful bike you can change your speed by 20mph.

you can go from 70-90mph just by stretching your legs and repositioning your body and barely moving your wrist.

bikes also know most cops have it out for them.

last time I got pulled over on my bike I was doing 78 in an 70 with a pack of cars. he came after me, not the cars. adrenaline kicked in, throttle blipped and that was it. 11 miles later after adrenaline wore off and I pulled over and took my punishment.

my buddy still has it on video where the impound guy says "the police around here hate motorcycles. we get more motorcycles impounded than cars"

pretty much why I quit riding, as much as I love it.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
When will people learn to stop naming their children "River"???

I am sure his family got a flood of questions like that. :burn:
The only people who are afraid of the police, are the ones who SHOULD BE.
Guy on the bike is a complete moron.
Too bad it didn't cut his pee pee off, would have served him right.

I could never be a cop, I would have just shot the ****er,
or rammed him with my squad car.
OOPS! My bad...................
Cop did nothing wrong, and I hope he gets a raise.

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
Leave him alone, you shouldn't pursue, he was only speeding. How do you know that? He may have committed a major crime, you cant know either. The fact he was on a bike is irrelevant. Should they let all the people that run go? Then everybody would know, no matter the crime, to avoid jail...DRIVE FAST! They will just let you go.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
So what do you propose they do? Let all speeders go? Now you have everyone on the road doing 100+ because they can't be chased?

BTW, I pay taxes too and I want them to do their job and chase the ****ers.

Cmon now don't be silly, I believe EVERYONE should be treated EQUALLY

You obviously have no issue with "professional courtesies" being extended to leo's when they break the law(s).

BTW, Extend them to the tax payers as well right?
Fair enough.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Cmon now don't be silly, I believe EVERYONE should be treated EQUALLY

You obviously have no issue with "professional courtesies" being extended to leo's when they break the law(s).

BTW, Extend them to the tax payers as well right?
Fair enough.

Oh, You are refering to the LEOs that were doing 100+ on bikes?
Hell no, throw the book at them.

As far as "professional courtesies", that depends on the situation. On the cops on the bikes, None should be given. They should be booked like anyone else.

On a off duty LEO going 5-10 over with the rest of us and they let him off. I have no issue with that at all. Hell I've been let off before just for being nice.

svtcharged

svtcharged
Established Member
I guess we are all in the wrong then. The police is why i am selling my car. Its funny how police are on here bragging about taking some speeder down when they are on a performance oriented site, but you dont hear them talking about racing on a closed track. I bet they have never took off fast, raced anybody, souped up there car, why just to let it sit in the driveway and collect dust. They win I lose, I am selling my car because its not even fun anymore to own this car. Im not gonna buy a fast car and putt putt around. So end of story police always beat the bad guys! Yeah for the police. Sorry men in blue just voicing my opinion. Im not for the guy blasting down the interstate on a bike doin over 100, it is foolish. But what harm is it getting up to the speed limit fast or leaving a light puttin down some rubber, or hangin some curves. As long as ones not puttin people in danger then whats the harm. I get pulled over on back roads or when nobodys around doin my own thing so now do you see my point. Might as well buy me a pinto with a governer on it. Sorry moderator please dont ban me!:burnout:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I guess we are all in the wrong then. The police is why i am selling my car. Its funny how police are on here bragging about taking some speeder down when they are on a performance oriented site, but you dont hear them talking about racing on a closed track. I bet they have never took off fast, raced anybody, souped up there car, why just to let it sit in the driveway and collect dust. They win I lose, I am selling my car because its not even fun anymore to own this car. Im not gonna buy a fast car and putt putt around. So end of story police always beat the bad guys! Yeah for the police. Sorry men in blue just voicing my opinion. Im not for the guy blasting down the interstate on a bike doin over 100, it is foolish. But what harm is it getting up to the speed limit fast or leaving a light puttin down some rubber, or hangin some curves. As long as ones not puttin people in danger then whats the harm. I get pulled over on back roads or when nobodys around doin my own thing so now do you see my point. Might as well buy me a pinto with a governer on it. Sorry moderator please dont ban me!:burnout:

So you are gonna buy a slow car to putt putt around?

What not keep the fast car, drive normal in normal conditions and save the fast or curve hanging stuff for the track or even a back country road when no one else is around. (Yea I said that)

Selling a car because you can't break the law with it and blame the police for it just doesn't sound right.

03trubluGT

Established Member

I quit chasing him because he hit the highway and about 150mph. So by your reasoning, bikes should be "King's X"? The very last bike that ran from me (ended up catching him too) was stolen. Guys steal sportbikes to stunt ride because if they crash them it's not their bike, or they part them out.

Your rationale about not chasing bad guys is plain wrong, or liberal, however you look at it.

If you can't ride a powerful bike responsibly, you shouldn't be on the road, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread