my na mach vs 2.95 upper 03 cobra

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
#1, 3.73s suck unless you have a blower on your car, and #2, a 60 roll in a bolt on car is plain nonsense. Stop that bitch and actually race lol
Btw, the 4.10s are killing the Cobra... everyone in this area runs a lower gear, like a 3.31 or stock 3.55, higher gears really hurt from rolls

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I <3 my 4.56s and would love to run a cammed Mach with 3.73s from a dig. :) You know, a big boy race.

cobra916

Established Member
#1, 3.73s suck unless you have a blower on your car, and #2, a 60 roll in a bolt on car is plain nonsense. Stop that bitch and actually race lol
Btw, the 4.10s are killing the Cobra... everyone in this area runs a lower gear, like a 3.31 or stock 3.55, higher gears really hurt from rolls

u dont make any sense... mach plus blower = termi 373s are good.. but then termi 3.31 or 355s are good? even though machs are lighter and should require less gear?

Last edited:

cobra916

Established Member
I <3 my 4.56s and would love to run a cammed Mach with 3.73s from a dig. :) You know, a big boy race.

not everyone is into the same thing.. doesnt make sense to me to make a car slower in 99 percent of the situations you will be in. just to have it maybe a little quick in that 1 percent (big boy race)..

Stopsign32v

Established Member
not everyone is into the same thing.. doesnt make sense to me to make a car slower in 99 percent of the situations you will be in. just to have it maybe a little quick in that 1 percent (big boy race)..

I'd be king @ a 35 roll or less. :-D I'd say that's over 1 percent.

If I wanted to do 60 rolls I'd have a snail under the hood. A cammed Mach 1 isn't going to do much of anything @ 60mph against some of the cars you are wanting to run. Power to weight up until a point. But power to weight plays a much bigger role at a lower speed. Use your car's advantage to yourself, not against yourself. :read:

cobra916

Established Member
mach1 Vs cts-v silver - YouTube
YouTube]373races - YouTube
2003 Cammed Mach vs 2003 Covertible Cobra - YouTube

cammed ls6 ctsv, 2.76 pulley vert cobra, supercharged 03 m3... so i think ill have a good chance.. he didnt hit me up today..but i will make sure to get a good vid.. i have beat other cobras but im just not sure if i beat a hurt cobra since alot have 8th piston issues or if my car can beat a healthy one.. so i want to run more to see.. i will be running a new 5.0 soon too

stopsign32v... did you happen to see these vids?? i have beaten plunty of over 400 rwhp cars.. look up what a stock ctsv does to a stock mach... we get raped.. now add cams and bolt ons to both cars... i should still get raped right? nope.. i guess im doing something right

cobra916

Established Member
I'd be king @ a 35 roll or less. :-D I'd say that's over 1 percent.

If I wanted to do 60 rolls I'd have a snail under the hood. A cammed Mach 1 isn't going to do much of anything @ 60mph against some of the cars you are wanting to run. Power to weight up until a point. But power to weight plays a much bigger role at a lower speed. Use your car's advantage to yourself, not against yourself. :read:

you "think" your car would do good at 35 or less roll..but you would get beat by a same mod stock geared mach.. i will post some vids for those "dont fear the gear" queers.. :rockon: this weekend if i still have the vids..

itSSlow98

Established Member
stopsign32v... did you happen to see these vids?? i have beaten plunty of over 400 rwhp cars.. look up what a stock ctsv does to a stock mach... we get raped.. now add cams and bolt ons to both cars... i should still get raped right? nope.. i guess im doing something right

Stock ctsvs are 106mph cars, cammed are about 110-112.

cobra916

Established Member
Stock ctsvs are 106mph cars, cammed are about 110-112.

a quick car and driver search i found 109 for a stock ctsv.. plus that doesnt even matter those cars are not quatermile cars.. roll to roll mach will get straight raped. stock vs stock

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Just trying to help you out my man. Guess you got it all figured out though.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
you "think" your car would do good at 35 or less roll..but you would get beat by a same mod stock geared mach.. i will post some vids for those "dont fear the gear" queers.. :rockon: this weekend if i still have the vids..

Right :poke:

Not bashing 2007ShelbyCobra at all but I'm going to use him as an example.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/929737-cammed-mach-1-slicks.html

There is a cammed stock geared Mach 1 that traps the same MPH as I did in the 1/8. So how do you get that a stock geared Mach 1 with bolt ons like me is going to beat me? :poke:

Please tell me how to go fast!! :bowdown:

cobra916

Established Member

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

I might agree from roll races, but do you think they help for dig races?

I have found that my 450hp cobras really like the deeper gears, esp at the track

Users who are viewing this thread