My new 03 cobra

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
Well had a budget of 15,700 to spend. Well good news is i didnt spend all that and have a couple grand left over to play with. I was browsing online and found an ad posted that was just up hours before hand. It was my 2003 SVT cobra vert. Obviously its black. Clean title no accidents, clean carfax, 2nd owner.

The guy tried to trade it in and got a low offer of like 10,000 or something. He said bug off to them and he put it up for just a little more online

Well here it is. My 2003 black terminator vert. 90,000 miles, 2.71 pulley (i believe but its a 2.7x) bassini catback, or/x pipe, cold air intake, tune, tinted tails, and cobra r hood The hood is growing on me for sure though.

when i was test driving it he asked me if i use SVTP i said yah. Im trying to find him so if anyone can help thatd be cool. His name is josh and hes from michigan.

Stock clutch at 90k i think says something about how good it was taken care of but idk. I know its black and a vert but beggers cant be choosers. For the price i paid it coulda been pink.

Image05262011171443.jpg

gabe1530

Banned
awesome! congrats, i personally dont mind the hood as a buddy has one and yes they do grow on you.
i would check the plugs and get it professionally tuned (to make sure everythings good).
take car of it!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Sounds like you got a good deal. Why wouldn't he just tell you his username on svtp?

Might want to get a/f checked and such just to be safe before you rip into it.

Good luck on the new ride! :beer:

OneSlowCobra

Established Member
Sounds like you got a good deal. Why wouldn't he just tell you his username on svtp?

Might want to get a/f checked and such just to be safe before you rip into it.

Good luck on the new ride! :beer:

idk i didnt ask him or nothing. Its been pullied and had the same tune for 2.5 years so im thinking its good but i will be doing all maintenance/tune up and a re tune before hard driving. New plugs, coil packs, tune, oil, filter, diff fluid, trans fluid, coolant flush, new battery, new alternator and call it good. I say battery and alternator because they are factory so minds well replace them now instead of being stuck on the side of the road in a year.

Is 90k that bad? I built the motor in my 99 cobra and honestly its not that bad so if it starts ticking it wouldnt be the end of the world.

Satyr

Established Member
Congrats...looks really clean for the mileage.
Definitely get it on the dyno to check AFR
90k is not that bad; plenty of terminators still making big power north of 90k.

Enjoy!

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Very nice! I had a new guy come into my shop yesterday with his new black 03 vert he just bought, thought it was you until I saw the hood!

OneSlowCobra

Established Member
Its the cobra r hood i believe. At first when i say it on the ad i was like gotta go eww. But now im like its not that bad, kinda like a little. I will put the stock hood back on but i think im gonna rock this one for a bit and see what happens. When i got it home i had alot of family over and they were all like wow I love the hood.

Probably going to have the replace the clutch soon though. When i test drove it and got on it, it didnt slip at 4 times. But on the way home i was doing 60 in 4th and nailed it and i didnt really go anywhere. Couldnt tell if it was tires spinning, belt slipping or clutch clipping. I never did smell the clutch.

The guy said its driving fine, it goes WOT fine with the clutch but he said a new one would deff help but its not something that i need now. He said it doesnt slip so not sure.

Spec stage 2 clutch with a ford racing TOB?

4valvemach

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase:thumbsup:

03/04 cobra prices are really getting good now

I would have no problem buying a high mileage one if the motor goes just rebuild or buy a new motor.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You got a great deal on it for sure. Best of luck with your dream car. Enjoy it this summer with the top down. :)

Users who are viewing this thread