My new personal best of 8.97 at 157

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
yea i noticed it just now. Beautiful car man. makes me wish i still had my fox. just curious(sorry for all the questions) what is your rear end setup? Im debating about going soild from a fox and i need it to handle power.

Not a problem, I don't mind answering questions.

The rear is strange 33 spline axles with a spool, t/a cover, and welded tubes. I also run 5/8th studs.

It seems to be doing ok so far. In reality I launch pretty softly, so the axles don't take as much of an instant hit as if you were launching on slicks.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
un-freakin-believable!!!

Good kill on all you run!!! And we though our cars were fast! haha.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a problem, I don't mind answering questions.

The rear is strange 33 spline axles with a spool, t/a cover, and welded tubes. I also run 5/8th studs.

It seems to be doing ok so far. In reality I launch pretty softly, so the axles don't take as much of an instant hit as if you were launching on slicks.

lol by softly you mean 5k rev and ease into it i assume? how are the torque boxes holding up? im just comparing how much more abuse a 9'' rear end can withstand compared to a 8.8 cause i frequent the track and after i give it a shot with level 2 axles i want to upgrade to something else so im compiling a list and you have one bad ass car that has parts for a great starting point. Thanks for all the info,

Frank

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
lol by softly you mean 5k rev and ease into it i assume? how are the torque boxes holding up? im just comparing how much more abuse a 9'' rear end can withstand compared to a 8.8 cause i frequent the track and after i give it a shot with level 2 axles i want to upgrade to something else so im compiling a list and you have one bad ass car that has parts for a great starting point. Thanks for all the info,

Frank

Nope, by softly I mean anywhere between idle and 2000 rpm. If you watch this video, you can hear that I barely rev the car off the line. This is from last year when the car was a little slower.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Novi357-at-MIR_139208.htm]Novi357 at MIR[/ame]

The torque boxes look good. I actually finally just installed lower battle boxes as a precaution last week.

musclefan21

Established Member
Novi, you have one of the MOST impressive cars i have seen. thats true, looks like 13 sec car but runs 8s :eek:

do you ever drive on the streets for the hell of it and surprise those supras, turbo cobras, vipers, etc?

also, do you spray?

Last edited:

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Novi, you have one of the MOST impressive cars i have seen. thats true, looks like 13 sec car but runs 8s :eek:

do you ever drive on the streets for the hell of it and surprise those supras, turbo cobras, vipers, etc?

also, do you spray?

thanks. I actually don't own a trailer so if I go anywhere in the car, it is driven on the street.

There is no nitrous on it.

Can I see some engine pics of this beast?

Here is the motor and the interior of the car.

a2wmotor.jpg

interior1.jpg

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
:rockon::bowdown::eek: That is amazing, that's probably the baddest street driven fox I've ever seen.

Venomhiss

Established Member
LOL, back in the day when my father would tell me of cars as fast as yours and i would ask him "what do you think is under the hood?" he literally used to tell me (no lie, seriously) "Son, that man has God under his hood"....man i still chuckle to myself over that one sometimes.

Venomhiss

Established Member
Also, this is a PRIME example of why i ask 03249583240958320 questions before i race ANY fox body for money...cars like this one, you dont need to pop the hood or look inside and see the cage, i bet just looking UNDER your car probally scares the living christ out of people who want to race you and know about a WELL setup fox lol.

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
Amazing car, thanks for posting the pics and the timeslip.

One of my good friend's couldn't believe you fit that engine under the stock hood. I see that it barely fits, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread