My new personal best of 8.97 at 157

97samssnake

Established Member
Man I read about your car in MM&FF, and I want to say your car is the most awesome Foxbody man has ever seen. What stall speed is your convertor good for?

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Man I read about your car in MM&FF, and I want to say your car is the most awesome Foxbody man has ever seen. What stall speed is your convertor good for?

Thanks, I appreciate that. The converter stalls at about 4500. It works very well on the street.

Eight second car? With a manual tranny rather than a two-speed racing automatic? VERY nice. :bowdown:

We'll see how long it lasts. The transmission is probably very much at its limits, if not over them already.

Congrats again Brian, too bad i didnt get it on film

No worries, that guy had a big head and it got in the way!

MystictealLt1

Established Member
As a LSX guy i am ****ing impressed to no end with this car! it looks so sleeprish...my jaw dropped when i seen the video and the size of the blower!!!

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Congrat's on your new personal best. That is an awesome car. I love the
sleeper look it has.

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
Car is absolutely insane! Makes me want to take my entire drivetrain out of my car and put it in a notch!!

Is that a new 'super sprag' pulley or just regular cog pulley? How is the cog drive on the street?

I have a cogged Procharger going in on my car in the next couple of weeks, just trying to see how they are working out on other street cars..

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
As a LSX guy i am ****ing impressed to no end with this car! it looks so sleeprish...my jaw dropped when i seen the video and the size of the blower!!!

Thanks, I appreciate that.

this car is badass!!!!!!:rockon::rockon:

Thanks!

Congrat's on your new personal best. That is an awesome car. I love the
sleeper look it has.

The sleeper part of the car makes it a lot of fun. I admit that I put drag rims on it this week to see what it could do on a light weight set of tires. I'll probably end up going back to the 17s, but the car looks a lot meaner sitting on the new rims.

Congrats!

BadASS for sure!

Thanks!

Car is absolutely insane! Makes me want to take my entire drivetrain out of my car and put it in a notch!!

Is that a new 'super sprag' pulley or just regular cog pulley? How is the cog drive on the street?

I have a cogged Procharger going in on my car in the next couple of weeks, just trying to see how they are working out on other street cars..

It is a standard style cog. I've never actually seen one of the sprag setups in use with the exception of an ATI test car.

I never had any problems with a cog on a street car. I daily drove my coupe with a cogged novi 2000 on on it for years. I think there is a lot of misinformation about cogs that has somehow gotten passed around. Most of it comes from people who have never even run a cog setup. They just heard from a friend of a friend who had one and they heard it was hard on crank bearings, broke parts, etc. etc.

I have never seen any of the problems that people claim exist.

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Thanks!

The sleeper part of the car makes it a lot of fun. I admit that I put drag rims on it this week to see what it could do on a light weight set of tires. I'll probably end up going back to the 17s, but the car looks a lot meaner sitting on the new rims.

Thanks!

It is a standard style cog. I've never actually seen one of the sprag setups in use with the exception of an ATI test car.

I never had any problems with a cog on a street car. I daily drove my coupe with a cogged novi 2000 on on it for years. I think there is a lot of misinformation about cogs that has somehow gotten passed around. Most of it comes from people who have never even run a cog setup. They just heard from a friend of a friend who had one and they heard it was hard on crank bearings, broke parts, etc. etc.

I have never seen any of the problems that people claim exist.

Thanks for the info, I agree with what you've said. Lots of misinformation out there, as long as pulley alignment is spot on, there shouldnt be too many problems since soo little tension is needed. Should work out pretty good with an AUTO, nice converter, transbrake and some slicks:rolling:!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Congrats again Brian!

We need pics!

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Congrats again Brian!

We need pics!

Thanks!

These are some junky pics since I took them when it was raining out and the car was not that clean, but you get the idea.

alumastarside2.jpg

sidealumastar.jpg

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
:bowdown: Looks killer! What BS it that on the rears? They tuck inside the fenders nicely.

Thanks.

The rears are 15x10 with a 6 inch back space.

I am undecided on it. I like the sleeper part of it on the fr-500s, but the car looks pretty evil on the drag set up.

It should be interesting to see what kind of difference the wheels make on ET.

Users who are viewing this thread