My new personal best of 8.97 at 157

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Very well put together car man, I know i knock it for being auto, but for you get that kind of MPH and trap times on those tires and what not takes A LOT OF SKILL! Congrats again

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Very well put together car man, I know i knock it for being auto, but for you get that kind of MPH and trap times on those tires and what not takes A LOT OF SKILL! Congrats again

Thanks.

I think what a lot of people tend to forget in the whole auto vs. stick debate is that clutch/transmission technology has come a long way in the last 10 years.

I've had blown 351 based combinations in this car since 1996. At the time, it was basically impossible to have a street friendly clutch and transmission combination that could survive behind a motor that made good power. A lot of my decision to change over to an automatic was based on just being tired of replacing clutches and breaking transmissions. A tko with a custom clutch was almost the best you could get at the time. These days the options are just way better.

On another note, people don't realize how fun a high horsepower automatic can be to drive. I don't miss having a stick at all. :beer:

Motor

Established Member
Awesome ride, man! I have a 93 notch 331 w/82mm turbo. currently viper 6speed. Sleeper look like yours, but with times to match! Cant get out of the hole, best time of 12.00 at 138! Clutch and or tires spinning whole way.LOL You said your tranny stalls at 4500 but you leave at 2000? Blew the clutch last year, and now have Mcleod twin. Was thinking of going auto, but didn't want to give up the fun on the street. Sounds like I was offbase. What tranny do you run? Guy i work with on the car was tryin to get me to go with a 'glide.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Awesome ride, man! I have a 93 notch 331 w/82mm turbo. currently viper 6speed. Sleeper look like yours, but with times to match! Cant get out of the hole, best time of 12.00 at 138! Clutch and or tires spinning whole way.LOL You said your tranny stalls at 4500 but you leave at 2000? Blew the clutch last year, and now have Mcleod twin. Was thinking of going auto, but didn't want to give up the fun on the street. Sounds like I was offbase. What tranny do you run? Guy i work with on the car was tryin to get me to go with a 'glide.

It is a lentech aod with a precision industries converter. It was opened up and supposedly "tweaked" by another guy though. I sent it into PI for a freshening up and they didn't say anything about it so I am not sure what he actually might have done.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I am sorry you might have already answered this question but what exact transmission you got in there? That car is freaking sick man! And that blower is like the size of my torso

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Could we please have some more pics of your car and motor/tranny setup?

I actually don't have any new pictures that haven't been posted in other threads.

Are you asking for pics of the motor/tranny or asking for more info on what the setup is?

Cobra84

Established Member
I want to commend you on a great job done to that fox body! I just noticed you were a member on svtperformance. I have seen this car a few times @ Cecil County dragway and i believe it was recently @ Atco for the NMRA event. My buddy Jeff and I decided that your car was one of our favorites ever because of the stealth factor. I remember the first time we saw you run, we were expecting what any other spectator would expect ( 13s), you blew the doors off that number and you did a low 9 second run. INSANE!!

Got to watch out for those sneaky fox bodies. You never know how fast they might be!

frontside.jpg

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
I want to commend you on a great job done to that fox body! I just noticed you were a member on svtperformance. I have seen this car a few times @ Cecil County dragway and i believe it was recently @ Atco for the NMRA event. My buddy Jeff and I decided that your car was one of our favorites ever because of the stealth factor. I remember the first time we saw you run, we were expecting what any other spectator would expect ( 13s), you blew the doors off that number and you did a low 9 second run. INSANE!!

Thanks, I appreciate that. The car actually ran slower than normal at the Atco event due to some last minute changes with no time to test. I can't complain overall since the car ran like a bracket car with basically a 9.33 on every pass. My trap speed was off by almost 5 mph though.

Unfortunately the stealth factor gets kind of screwed up because of the parachute. I told some guys this past weekend that it was all for show and to play mind games with the person in the other lane.

Could you get some pictures of the cage? thanks!!

There isn't anything special about my cage. It is the maximum motorsports mail order 6 point cage in the rear and then I had a local guy finish up the 10 point part of it. It worked well because it allowed for me to get exactly what I wanted in terms of having it tucked up as much as possible.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Brian, there is a nice pic of your car in the lastest MM&FF with coverage from the Atco race.

Are you coming out to MIR this weekend? I know your car is probably still down, just wondering if your coming out to watch.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Brian, there is a nice pic of your car in the lastest MM&FF with coverage from the Atco race.

Are you coming out to MIR this weekend? I know your car is probably still down, just wondering if your coming out to watch.

I saw that the other day, not too bad of a picture! The car is in the new race pages too.

Still down? I managed to find all of the parts I needed and fixed it at the track and drove it home from Ford Fever :rolling:

I've got some little stuff to do, but I am going to be at the import vs. domestic race with the car. :beer:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I saw that the other day, not too bad of a picture! The car is in the new race pages too.

Still down? I managed to find all of the parts I needed and fixed it at the track and drove it home from Ford Fever :rolling:

I've got some little stuff to do, but I am going to be at the import vs. domestic race with the car. :beer:

Nice! See you this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread