My new ranger....

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
So I made the 5 and a half hour trip to near st Louis, and I came home with a 1993 ranger, it started out it's life as a homely splash 2.3 5 speed. Well the previous owner apparently spent a lot of money on it and these are the specs.

98 explorer block x-ray and fresh hone
Ford racing forged rotating assembly
Comp cam somewhere in the 600 lift area still waiting on the exact specs
Pro-Comp 210 heads CNCD and fresh valve job
arp hardware throughout
felpro gaskets

Spec Stage 3 clutch
New world class t5
Custom shortened and balanced drive shaft

8.8 3.73s with a new posi unit 31 spline

Disc brakes all the way around

Now the bad, it's gonna need some work on the bed, a few good cracks in the fibreglass, nothing some duraglass and elbow grease can't fix. The radio, cig lighter, and tach need wired, the front end needs a good go through and a 2" drop. The rear shocks are air and are going bye bye for some konis or possibly eibachs. The syncros are starting to go but could possibly be the clutch since it needs some serious adjustments, and new headlights and taillights.

On to the pictures

IMAG2666.jpgIMAG2671.jpg
IMAG2672.jpgIMAG2667.jpg

Kiohtee

Established Member
Someone local to me had a 5.0-swapped Ranger. It was black with I believe, 17" chrome Cobra Rs. Looked real good.

Anyway, nice truck OP!

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Is it stroked? Those seem like big heads for a 302

Trust me they are, the cams way to big and so are the heads, it chugs at idle and isn't the most "drivable" it's more of a top end screamer the way it's set up now. Still managed 20mpg highway

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks really good from what I can see, and once you finish the planned fixes that is going to be one heck of a fun driver. Good looking truck for sure! Love those older Rangers. Nice find! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread