My new ride 2013 GT500 Candy Red, I love this car!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looks great. I'd leave the stripes off.

I concur.

...the underlying question is: why would the previous owner take off the stripes and take off the shelby lettering from the rear? It seems a lot of work to do in order to blend in with the regular mustang crowd....

I may be in the minority here but I did the exact same thing. Dealers local to me (back when I bought mine) were very hesitant to order (for themselves) without stripes as they all seemed to think that was the only way people would ever want the car and they were ADM'ing to the hilt. I didn't want "SHELBY" plastered all over everything but in order to get the blown mod motor we weren't given much choice. It doesn't take much effort to clean up the car and makes it far easier to fly under the radar when out on the road.

smokin03

Established Member
I agree on the no stripes, they won't be going back on. Just ordered Nitto 305/35/20 555r for the rear. Can't wait to get those on and the temp to get warmer. Anybody know of a local/closest dyno for tune? I'm in Grand Rapids Mi.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Chances are, the previous owner wouldn't even mention mods to the dealer for fear of lesser "modified" trade in value.

What I'd do is try to locate the previous owner. chances are the tuner is sitting in a box in his garage. You'd also find out a bit more about the machine.

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
After getting rid of my 03 terminator 8 years ago, I am back in the game. Cant wait to start playing again.

Beautiful car man! Congrats. I am a big fan of the stripe delete:beer:

Mustang%20001.jpg

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Not a bad idea if you can get in contact w/ the old owner, I know when I traded in my modded 07 gt500 the new owner tracked me down on Facebook and I was more than happy to give him info on the car.

smokin03

Established Member
I spoke with the dealer and they said that they are not allowed"by law" to give out personal information like that on a previous owners. But, they did say since they know the old owner, that they would ask for a mods list from him. If I actually get that from them it would be great.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I spoke with the dealer and they said that they are not allowed"by law" to give out personal information like that on a previous owners. But, they did say since they know the old owner, that they would ask for a mods list from him. If I actually get that from them it would be great.

Ask them to give him your contact info. It couldn't hurt.

svt662

Established Member
His name and address will be on the front of the title. Or you can go to the ford service dept and ask for any warranty, Service records and again you will get a name address and phone number on the paper work!

Users who are viewing this thread