My new whip.

LethalZ

Established Member
modthispny said:
yup..thats what it comes down to.
Ok dude you're right. Go out and race bone stock mustang GT and come back with your results. And i never claimed i beat ls1 camaros and vettes with my GT when i had it.

love bandit2

Established Member
LethalZ said:
Im not trying to start a fight here or anything, its just that my 03 GT would eat those any day of the week. Im not hating or anything because i dont have the GT anymore , im driving a 2001 Z06 now so why would i care? Its just the truth, the m3 isnt fast but it sure corners like a MOFO. Im gonna have to agree with GrimlokTT horsepower isnt everything.

time to put down that crack pipe and get into a detox program.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
LethalZ said:
Ok dude you're right. Go out and race bone stock mustang GT and come back with your results. And i never claimed i beat ls1 camaros and vettes with my GT when i had it.

I bet with your Z06, you're smoking fighter planes now, huh? :rolleyes:

You might want to check this: http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-5454.html

1/4 Mile ET: 13.052
1/4 Mile MPH: 107.840
1/8 Mile ET: 8.465
1/8 Mile MPH: 84.750
0-60 Foot ET: 1.965

Stock. Some have even been known to hit high 12's with excellent driving and good conditions, and/or very minor mods. Yes, if you say you were beating E46 M3's with your stock GT, then you ARE claiming you can beat stock LS1's. Don't even use the excuse that the car(s) you raced were automatic, because the 13-flat run above was done with their 'automatic' SMG transmission. Auto capable, but with an actual clutch, and can shift way faster than you can push your BS.

BTW, the slowest time on that list is a 13.8. Usually, the ones who run their mouth the fastest are the ones that drive the slowest, so I doubt if you're capable of even that, even though the GT did.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
svt4stv said:
it wasnt that guy that left the rag in place of the oil cap and it got sucked into the motor was it? :dw: :loser:

No, this was on a canadian message board, and he probably never got a chance to get a rag stuck in the motor as little as he actually was able to drive it.

LethalZ, if you read back at what I wrote, I never said you claimed to beat camaros and vettes, I was saying if you are beating M3's, you are also beating those two cars as well...

crzgrksnake

Established Member
Nice M3 man. My buddy is about to pick one up when he gets back from greece. And as for the guy that beats them with his stock GT i don't know what he is talking about cause last time i raced a E46, i saw his tail lights.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Lethal, just to give you a perspective on how much faster the E46 M3 is compared to a 99+ GT, here is a 99 E36 M3 against a 99 GT, both with intake and exhaust mods. The thing to remember here is, that M3 came stock with only 240hp...

99 M3 vs 99 GT

:pop:

Last edited:

Ilya

I got problems.
Established Member
LethalZ said:
hah ok buddy.....i think i know a car when i see one from mile away. The truth hurts. The m3 is awsome for the twisties. But it wont beat a GT which was made to go on the straight. Like i said im not hating or anything. I dont have anything to prove anymore because i dont have the car anymore.

www.youareamoron.com

UCBeau

FWIW, in the real world..when I had my 03 GT and it was bone stock, I went against an E46 M3 and he was very slowly pulling on me through 3rd and into 4th gear. through 4th he pulled faster and faster

MJR_TRBL

Established Member
carrrnuttt said:
Don't even use the excuse that the car(s) you raced were automatic, because the 13-flat run above was done with their 'automatic' SMG transmission. Auto capable, but with an actual clutch, and can shift way faster than you can push your BS.
That smg transmission isn't that fast even when you adjust it to the fastest setting they are slower than a good fast shifter. then again most people can't drive.

My E36 M3 would almost outrun my dad's 99 cobra. So yes, the terd GT would lose badly to The E46 M.

But unfortunatley you can spend 6k on performance parts and not have 60hp to show for it and a supercharger only adds about 120-140hp and cost more than 10k for parts alone. You can't do anything without having the car's computer reprogramed which costs several hundred dollars.

modthispny

Established Member
the gt and e36 m3 is a very good race, but e46 m3 is in a league of its own.

my sis in law has a 06 c6, im going to race it from a 15mph roll, even though the c6 will toast it, i think itll be pretty even up to about 70..ill put the video up once i do so.

04DOHC

Established Member
I plan on looking to getting one of those or the new escalades when the cobra is paid off here pretty soon..sweet ride

Users who are viewing this thread